Friday, June 24, 2011

Spicy Success

I always promise updates; I'm not very good at actually following through, am I?
I become sidetracked easily.
The finished product never seems as interesting as the project in progress.
Basically all you can say is here it is.

So, as promised...Here it is!

A glimpse of what I set out to do last weekend.
It took me approximately 48 hours and a tumble off a step ladder (actually two, but no one was around so it is our little secret.  I was a little stiff, but I don't think anyone noticed.  sh,h,h!)  to get to where I am now. 


It looks a little different, huh?   I threw away, combined and reassigned.


It became a puzzle, but I finally put it all back together (well almost).  


Everything is back in alphabetical order and by type of item.
I may not be an organizer, but I do love organization.


This was actually the second spice cabinet.
Now it houses platters and bowls from a different cabinet.  So much easier to get to when you are trying to plate a meal.  I still think there is a lot of wasted space.  I can take care of that problem with one more trip to The Container Store.  It became quite the puzzle.

Just a little tweaking and I'll be ready to tackle the next project.

Do I dare enter the bathroom cabinets and closet?
I may need a vacation first!

11 comments:

  1. Isn't it a good feeling to get organized? If it would just stay that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as you eventually show us...it's all okay! and WOW! alphabetical order and all...you're my kind of girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bonnie:
    Gosh, we are impressed. Spice cupboards today.....the government tomorrow. With your organisational skills everything in the White House will be running like clockwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love organizing my cupboards and doing stuff like that. Your kitchen looks nice and neat. If only houses would stay clean! Great post. Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I accomplish a task such as yours, I love going back and looking at it from time to time--alas, it seems to soon revert back but it gives me something to do.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. gotta love the container store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous job, organizing is my favorite!! no one really gets why i love it, so i mostly keep it to myself!!!

    the pantry came out really well, i did not realize you were doing that as well.

    i would love to have both pitchers on the top self of the cabinet, shall i send you my address ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. * shelf....why do i always proof read after i post

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've inspired me! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been trying so hard to get organized! I really struggle with organization! And it feels wonderful when I do get things in order!
    Good for you!
    Have a PRETTY day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone, I am taking my bow as I type (not an easy task, I might add).

    Sarah, I told you we were destined to meet!

    Jane and Lance, just show me to my office on Pennsylvania Ave. I have lots of ideas, ha, ha, ha!

    Debbie, I'll just throw some clay on the ole' potter's wheel and whip up a pitcher or two for you.....if I had a potter's wheel. Hugs!

    Jill, thank you so much for joining me in my adventures. I always am excited to have a new follower. I hope I do not disappoint. I will be hopping over to visit you soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete