Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

I truly had my doubts!  Yes there were evenings I considered throwing up my hands and admitting it was all a mistake.  There were many nights I ask, "What were we thinking?" 

 When Roger returns home this evening he will find everything finished!





There is some tweaking to be done.   Several of the stones pop up when you walk on them; I've been assured with time this will correct itself .  Probably another layer of sand needs to be spread on the walkway.  I suspect Roger will choose to do this himself. 

The mulch was unloaded and spread in the backyard beds and paths yesterday as well.


Some plants were damaged.    Some I saved, brought inside and placed around the house.



I need to finish uncovering many of the ferns, huechera and the sweet woodruff; the wild violets were spared, amazing.   The beds look clean and finished.

Willie has spent the morning looking for his friends


Pinkie
(someone paint it's shell pink)
and 


Old Man.
 
I always recognize him by the bite marks on the back of his shell.  He has been a resident of our backyard for as long as I can remember, fifteen years maybe.

We have a new fellow this year we named Junior.   I've only seen him once.
 
I hope they can move around in the mulch and/or dig themselves out  if they were buried.

Maybe the turtles will be easier to find than the mysteriously missing water valve.

Oh Happy Day!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Bonnie:
    The pathway and the neatly mulched borders make a marvellous entrance for your house. We are sure that Roger will have a 'spring in his step' as he walks up the path when he sees how lovely it all looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks amazing....the pathway is gorgeous and don't you just love newly mulched beds!!!

    now make some ice tea, grab a book and enjoy that view!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane and Lance -- Roger seems to be happy the project is complete.

    Netty and Debbie -- Thank you so much for your kind words. I think I am really going to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love finishing projects. Everything looks great. Love your turtle friend. I wish I had one in my backyard year after year. I'm all about routine and tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful. Know you will enjoy it! Congrats. Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really like your new walkway but I am so in love with Old Man turtle! What a wonderful backyard resident to have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie,
    Your new walk looks fantastic! I love that you have turtles that have stayed with you over the years. I had a bullfrog last year that made me so happy, but he didn't make it through the winter. This spring some neighbors brought over a box turtle to live near our pond. I haven't seen him since. I hope I'll bump into him again sometime. I named him spot :)

    ReplyDelete