Friday, June 17, 2011

National Flip Flop Day

image via pinterest


I had no idea there was such a day as "National Flip Flop Day" until yesterday when, walking out of Whole Foods, a fellow dressed like a banana (scary, I know) handed me  a coupon for a free smoothie on "National Flip Flop Day" (sorry to be redundant).   Nothing sounds more like summer to me than the sound of "flipping around on some flops".   Maybe with so many recent sad events we need to find something silly to celebrate.

What are your favorite sounds of summer?

9 comments:

  1. i heard about this on facebook....WHAT, we have a holiday for everything.

    i am a jersey girl, i wear flip flops year round....really, i can't remember the last time i wore a pair of shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite summer sound is childrens' laughter and they cool off around the sprinkler!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a real thing? I would totally celebrate that! I think my favorite sound of summer is little kids playing outside and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, children enjoying the freedom of summertime is the best sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I saw some flip flops in the shape of fish there other day - so cute! :)

    My favorite sound of summer is the song of the hermit thrush - it carries through the forest at dawn and at dusk, and it is so beautiful!

    Wishing you a happy day, Bonnie!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? I had no idea! National Flip-Flop Day. Who woulda thunk it~
    One of my favorite summer sounds is the lawn mower. Don't know why, just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! It has been so much fun finding out your favorite sounds of summer.

    ReplyDelete