Monday, July 18, 2011

Walking the Streets of Boston 1 - Getting Acquainted

A walk through Haymarket.




Fruit and vegetable stalls lined several blocks just outside the Faneuil Hall area.  The sights, voices in languages I do not understand, vendors yelling out at the passersby, and smells excited and energized me for the day ahead.  


One of the few restaurants I visited.  Neptunes, located in Little Italy, has a very small dining room,  and the line to get in extends down the sidewalks, but probably one of the best bowls of clam chowder I've ever enjoyed.  

I had a great time walking down populated streets, deserted alleys, through parks, and along the water's edge taking pictures of whatever caught my fancy.







Looking down Newberry Street.






and a stroll through the Public Gardens and the Boston Common

















4 comments:

  1. Hello Bonnie:
    For a long while now we have thought, from what we have seen and read, that Boston would be a city we should much like to visit. This post, with its most attractive images, confirms our wish. Now it is simply a question of crossing the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonnie.....what an amazing group of photo's that so well represent boston.

    awesome market and fabulous architecture, it feels like a travel guide "see the best, boston has to offer"!!!

    good thing you had comfy shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane and Lance, I hope you make it to our side soon. Let me know, I would love to meet up there.

    Debbie, Thank you so much! Maybe I have a new calling. The common gals travel guide? Ha! What do you think? Do I need to quickly apply for a copyright?

    ReplyDelete