Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ignoring the Heat

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." 
                                                                -- Bertrand Russell


I did make it outside to work in the garden a bit this morning.  I trimmed the roses while the dew was still on, or were they sweating?  Do roses sweat?  No, really it was dew.  I was the one sweating.

I picked up after the squirrels.  I seriously think they have all night parties in my backyard.


I emptied and cleaned the birdbaths.

 
So the big bad crows could take over.

With thorn scratched hands, mosquito bites covering by arms and legs, and not a dry thread on I finally retreated inside.

Now I'm trying to ignore the heat.  I've made a nice cool drink


and I think I can waste some time pinning 
on
 
Pinterst has become one of my guilty pleasures.  I can waste a bunch of time searching and pinning things that catch my fancy.





I think I am probably one of the last people in the world to find it; I don't really have it totally figured out yet.  Like I have a message on my wall, but I don't know how to get to my wall.   If you haven't found it, let me know.  I will be happy to send you an invitation.

I hope you find something to wile away the time while ignoring the heat!

9 comments:

  1. I saw this name {pinterest} somewere yesterday, but had no idea what it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo addicted to Pinterest (and I only discovered it about a week ago!) When I'm upset or frustrated or can't sleep, it just makes me happy to go around Pinning things :)

    We went to the farmer's market this morning and even though it was early and even a little breezy on the river, we were all drenched in sweat when we got back to the car. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful rose!! i am afraid of pinterest, really afraid!! i have no self control, so far, staying away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This heat has affirmed that I am a winter person!!

    I'm off to check out pinterest.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Pinterest, but I refuse to look at it. I already spend too much time online.

    Your Saturday morning sounds just fine, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have heard of Pinterest but not sure what it is about yet. Sounds like you had a good morning - aside from sweating etc. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bonnie:
    We are sure that the squirrels play havoc in your garden but, as long as outside, we do rather enjoy their antics. But are they immune to the heat? Here in Hungary it is still not uncommon to see red squirrels which are, of course, increasingly rare in the UK.

    No, Bonnie, you are the next to last to have discovered 'Pinterest'. We have that pleasure yet to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie and Charlotte, you are wise women. Pinterest can really eat up time. It is like having all those notebooks where we tape or glue pictures, articles, quotes, etc. in one spot. Only there is just so much more to select. Totally addicting for someone who loves collecting pictures and such.

    Jane and Lance, I would not mind those cute squirrels messing up so much if they would only extend an invitation to their party. They seem to be having way to much fun for me not to be invited. I am always up for a good party.

    ReplyDelete