Friday, July 22, 2011

Just Smile!





Did you know that just the act of smiling triggers a chemical reaction
making you happy.


Smile though your heart is aching 
Smile even though it's breaking 
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by 
If you smile through your fear and sorrow 
Smile and maybe tomorrow 
You'll see the sun come shining through for you 

Light up your face with gladness 
Hide every trace of sadness 
Although a tear may be ever so near 
That's the time you must keep on trying 
Smile, what's the use of crying? 
You'll find that life is still worthwhile 
If you just smile
 



The tune of this song has been in my head all morning.  I opened up the newspaper this morning and started reading about the sweltering temperatures, the budget crisis, bombings, and all the trials and tribulations of so many and started humming.  


I ran out to Volvo to have a light bulb changed in my car.  Pretty simple, except cars were backed up preventing me from entering  the garage area.  I decided I could wait to have the light changed, but all the exits were blocked as well.   I backed up and headed out the "in".  A fellow stepped out with his hand up.  I started humming, smiled, and waved.  Later gator!


Being unsuccessful having my light fixed I headed over to pick up a prescription.  As walked out I almost ran into a woman looking down and scowling.  She stopped abruptly and scowled at me,  I started humming and smiled....


In an instant I watched every muscle in her face relax as she smiled back and said "excuse me".


Smile at everyone today, even if you don't feel like it, and start humming with me!





Don't you feel better already!


7 comments:

  1. I do feel better. Thank you. Love, love, love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jill. I feel better having read your post. I'll remember it when I have a day that needs more smiles than usual.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bonnie for this encouraging post it is a really good reminder for me. I get so caught up in my own life sometimes, I forget to smile when I am out and about. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post and so true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we age, our faces take on permanent expressions that reflect the ones they've worn most. I'd much rather have a face where the wrinkles and crinkles show the smiles! Thank you for this, dear Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!! The power of a smile is amazing. Now you have me smiling. See? :)
    Happy, happy weekend to you Bonnie!
    ~ Zuzu

    Oh, and sorry, but the chipmunk really did eat all the ripe strawberries. These alpine strawberries are so tiny, but the sweetest & juiciest I've ever tasted - wish he'd left us a few!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was PERFECT for me today, just perfect. i enjoyed hearing from you today my sweet friend, you make my heart feel happy!!!

    ReplyDelete