Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Outside My Window



It was a busy day in the backyard.

I was busy picking up around the house and had stopped to glance at today's paper when I noticed this little guy outside my my kitchen window.


I stood and watched him for awhile wondering what he was up to.
He seemed to be perfectly happy crouching by the tree.

Then I noticed his little eyes.  
He reminded me of a toddler so tired, yet fighting sleep.

While watching the little guy,  I noticed there was a lot of traffic passing through.


There were drinkers

He's giving in.

and bathers.



Some just wanted to hang out  and listen to the music

Sh-h-h he is finally out.

Some came for the cuisine.


Others came to just to make a new friend.

While keeping an eye on my little napper

an unexpected guest arrived, waking him up.


and, like a star struck fan, I kept clicking.


The garden gate is always open.


10 comments:

  1. you've been busy girlfriend....lot's of company!! lovely assortment of photo's today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bonnie:
    How wonderful to have all of this wildlife within your garden. Although, to be honest, we should be a little alarmed at what the rabbit might be chomping his way through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw how cute is that! It's like another world in your own back garden. Well done catching it all on on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOOVE this post. The sweet little napping squirrel - priceless!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Thanks for the heartwarming smile this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much beautiful wildlife out your kitchen window. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Can't imagine a squirrel sleeping at all, much less on the ground! Must have a very hospitable yard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little friends! With my two dogs, we don't get too many visitors in my yard, except maybe an occasional bird or butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet story. My favorite part of the day is watching the wildlife in my back yard (we don't even have a gate :)

    A couple weeks ago I saw a baby squirrel poking it's head out of the birdhouse door. It was adorable. I also love the deer and bunnies, but not crazy about their eating habits. If only they would go for the weeks instead of the flowers and produce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you do have a busy back yard! I love the wild bunny! How cute is he!

    Thanks for stopping by Ocean Breezes & Country Sneezes today!

    ReplyDelete