Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sweet Remedy

"The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare...neither knew chocolate."-- Sandra Boynton


The perfect cure for whatever ails you!

Yes, Monday I headed to the pantry to throw together
these deliciously rich brownies.
I love this recipe (Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies)
and these brownies.

They are so decadent, I can't eat a whole one or a a half.
I quarter each brownie for the perfect bite.

If you don't want to gather all the ingredients together,
Ina has taken care of you.
Barefoot Contessa Pantry Outrageous Brownie Mix
This is not your average brownie mix.
I try to keep a box in my pantry.
 And, I love to include it in gift baskets.

I know it is hot outside and everyone wants something cool for dessert.
 Just imagine the most fabulous brownie topped with 
a perfect round scoop of 
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - Homemade Vanilla 076840200283
You were not available to come over for dessert, 


champagne is a happy companion as well!
so I found it necessary to wrap 


and freeze.
Oh sure, and how long do you think these are really gonna last?

I did leave a few out, just in case you
came to visit.
An extra twenty minutes on the treadmill, I'm afraid.

For everything there is a price.

I hope you find something that makes you smile today!
Enjoy....



8 comments:

  1. Hello Bonnie:
    Can you hear the doorbell ringing? We have arrived! Your 'thrown together' Brownies look absolutely wonderful and with vanilla ice cream and champagne, this has surely got to be the most heavenly trinity of flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummmmmm! I would LOVE to pop over and help you eat them, Bonnie
    :)
    but I'm trying to lose a few more pounds.

    ~ sigh ~

    Enjoy!!!
    ~ Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case of an "emergency", frozen brownies are a cool treat. Love the quote. Hmm, my favorites are the Shakespeare tragedies. What does that say about me and chocolate?

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohhhhh chocolate, it's been on my mind lately!!

    brownies make everything better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, I have one waiting with your name on it. It isn't far....

    Jane and Lance, I agree...I can eat almost anything as long as there is champagne.

    ZuZu, I, too, have those few pounds. Thats why the brownies are in the freezer.

    Bonnie, it means you just need to eat more chocolate.

    Debbie, of course it has been on your mind....you've been in Hershey, PA. ha!ha!ha! And it does make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I can finally post from my laptop - never could before, did you change something? Yeah!!! Anyway, save one of those brownies for me - with ice cream on the side, it's heaven! I love anything Ina makes and have a few of her cook books. Lana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want a brownie with ice cream...ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete