Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today... Puddles

Not wanting to bore anyone, I thought I would wait to see what happened in the yard today giving you a two day update.  But alas, after storms last night and again this afternoon, today nothing happened.   Yesterday, when I got home I found orange flags everywhere marking the new garden borders and the creek bed.





All the brick had been removed.   The two pallets will be moved to the backyard.  All of the border rocks and stepping stones had been removed and moved to the side yard to fill in around the new blue stone. 



Today this is what I found.


Finding my foxgloves drowning in mud after last weeks storms, yesterday  I  staked my irises just before the storms hit last night. We had 60 mph winds last night; my first bloom is still standing.


Tomorrow my class will have their Easter egg hunt.   They worked on their baskets today.  Aren't they the best?



Hope you found something smiling back at you today!

3 comments:

  1. I told my friend who teaches K at Rockefeller about those milk jug bunnies last year - they are the BEST! Our yard looks like that too, but at least it is keeping the temperatures down (that's what I keep telling myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's heartbreaking when Mother Natures threatens our gardens, isn't it? LOVE the Easter Bunnies, though! Karin
    p.s. Thanks for the nice words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't bore my dear! We have puddles here too and LOT'S of them this Spring (even though it still feels like Winter). Your Easter bunnies are too cute as well!!!

    ReplyDelete