Monday, April 11, 2011

A Little Patience and some Thread

"To read and write will help you understand life. . .to sew and mend will help you survive it."  
Gail Tsukiyama (The Language of Threads)



Several months ago I told you I said goodbye to my sewing machine.  After sitting in the closet, broken, for three years I donated it to the EYC rummage sale this past winter.  I attached a note saying it could not be repaired.  I must admit I almost went back to reclaim it.  I don't know why except it was a gift from my Grandfather.

Saturday Roger and I headed to Sears for vacuum cleaner bags.   While looking for cloth hepa bags I became a little distracted looking at the sewing machines on display.  Roger joined me and ask what the differences were; we started comparing them.  When I told him which I thought was the better one he suggested I ask if they had it in stock.  He knew I had been shopping around for a new machine.  I came home with vacuum cleaner bags and a sewing machine.

Three years ago I was making a table runner when my machine stopped.  I folded everything up and stuck it up on a shelf in the closet.  Saturday I took it  down (the pins were still in it) and finished it.  It probably needs to be washed and pressed after sitting up in the closet for three years, but I wanted to see what it looked like on the table. I hate unfinished projects!




I hope you had a productive weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I made a rug and you made a table runner - I guess we were on the same creative path this weekend! It turned out beautifully...just imagine what you can do now with a new machine. :)
    Have a wonderful week ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I have a few unfinished projects at my house...what are you doing this weekend? hahahaha...
    Karin

    ReplyDelete