Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Waiting on My Doorstep

Two years ago when I first signed onto Blogger and published my first post I began browsing through different blog rolls looking for writers who might inspire and entertain me.   Basically I was searching out those who wrote of things that interested me.  One of the very first blogs I found was An Urban Cottage.    After lurking for a few weeks I signed in as a follower.

I have continued to follow Steve as he has refurbished and brought life and beauty to his Greek Revival home.  I think one of the first post I read was when he was deciding on lights for his front porch.   Through these two years Steve has taken his readers through the steps of his home's transformation.  He has shared some of his DIY experiences and included us on his adventures to find the odd and unique items to include in his creation.  He has the ability to find the unusual and placing it in the perfect spot. 


Last year Steve announced Better Homes and Gardens would be photographing his home for their new book, New Cottage Style.   I was not surprised... his eye for design is amazing.  A few weeks ago he wrote he was giving away a few copies of the newly published book.  I had already made plans to pick up a copy,  but decided to comment on the post and put off my purchase for a week or so.  To my surprise my name was selected to receive one of the copies.

My signed copy of Better Homes and Garden New Cottage Style was on my door step when I arrived home from San Francisco.   The unpacking and the laundry had to wait while I did a little perusing.  It is a lovely book loaded with wonderful and creative ideas for the cottage home.  I've been telling everyone about it.  My favorite pages?


The section titled "savoring small", of course.

Thank you Steve for your very generous giveaway!  I applaud your creativity and hard work;  I look forward to all your future projects and adventures.

13 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    Thank you so much for the very kind words. I was happy that a few of the winners were long time followers and commenters like you. I hope you enjoy the book. I think it's filled with great ideas, a few of which I might borrow myself.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure. I think you may have a few more well deserved fans. Have a great week. Bonnie

      Delete
  2. Being a HGTV addict and having too many books that I can't part with on decorating, I will have to check out his blog. Thanks for letting me know about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleen, I seriously think Steve should have his own show. Enjoy browsing. Bonnie

      Delete
  3. Thankyou, Bonnie. I'm following Steve's blog now. It's really nicely done, as yours is, might I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faisal, I think you will enjoy following The Urban Cottage. I think you both have a good eye for design. I am so happy I could introduce you. Bonnie

      Delete
  4. I have also been a follower of Steve's blog, and find his taste impeccable. I am so glad he was recognized by a major magazine for the talent and gracious person that he is. Enjoy the book - I have plans to purchase one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, Every page of the book is a treat. So many lovely things to inspire and maybe get me moving once school is out....tomorrow. Bonnie

      Delete
  5. Congratulations...and Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! I'm on my way to visit Steve's blog...
    :)
    Hope your day is lovely,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zuzu, I know you will enjoy following Steve. Enjoy! Bonnie

      Delete
  7. Dear Bonnie, I'm so pleased that you were chosen to be given one of Steve's books. I have been following him since I started blogging, always so impressed by his work. his strong visual sense and his humour. He, (along with you and Janet at the Gardener's Cottage, among others) is one of those whom I like to think of as a blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow Steve, too, and thoroughly enjoy his work. Glad you won the book. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete