Saturday, June 16, 2012

Gathering to Celebrate

The recipes were pulled.


The flowers arranged.


A celebration was in the air.

The only thing needed was for the guests to arrive.

The weekend of the ninth we celebrated the children's fifth anniversary and an early Father's Day with the two dads.

Our daughter and son-in-law were coming to pick up our little house guest, Waldi,


and their sweet girl Raven,


 after a two week adventure touring Spain.

I do love an excuse to dress the table,


toss together something new

Heirloom tomatoes with Lady Pea Salsa

and add something that is always a success.

Confetti Corn
I even baked a cake.

Peach Upside Down Cake
We toasted the anniversary, the Dads and...
the Queen (Moi).


We shared a feast.


We talked and laughed long after the sun had set and the stars had begun to sparkle.
  The night was over much to soon.

Morning came and our guests waved good-bye,
leaving Willie alone to wonder where everyone had gone.


"Hey guys, please come back!"

Willie, I miss them too.

Recipes to follow another day.

20 comments:

  1. Everything looks so tasty and your table setting is really nice. Such a shame to say goodbye to your cute visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww .... poor guy. I know how he feels. The house always see,s so empty after the guests leave.


    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast and a beautiful get together. Good company has a habit of leaving a void on departure and even the house seems to miss them

    Wishing you many more such gatherings

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so inviting - wish I had been there, but still, I've been "invited" via your blog. I like all the pictures but my favourite is probably of the table with the flowers on. It looks so harmonious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers, a lovely tablescape, good food and good company! Sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful evening! I love a family gathering...the one thing I'm looking forward to soon being so close to my family. Your table and feast looks delicious - I'll have a piece of that pie please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect day. How nice to have everyone gather round the table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely time tis must have been. looks so inviting!! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice table setting and wonderful looking dishes. Sounds like you had a nice celebration.

    The dessert looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your menu selections looked very good. It looks like Ina Garten may have had an influence. Precious dogs . . . I imagine the owners were happy to see them yet sad for you to see them leave. Happy celebrations . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. everything looks so fresh and delicious!! and it looks like everything was "make ahead" so no fussing once your guests arrived!!

    the table and flowers look great also!!

    pass the peach upside down cake, please!! i hope you share that recipe, it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, I can relate. Those moments are over too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully soon we will not have to say good-bye. Bonnie

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a wonderful evening. And thanks for the photo of the peach cake. It reminded me of a similar recipe that I love, but haven't made in a while. I just love fruit desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks as if you had a great time. I love your flowers! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, yum, what a sweet time. I love your peach upside-down cake, Bonnie. My mum used to do a pineapple upside-down cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting the recipe next week. Enjoy!

      Delete
  16. Times such as you've described are so wonderful. You seem to have enjoyed the preparation as well. Beautiful table, and beautiful food.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, and your food and table were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, and your food and table were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete