Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm Home!


I've been away!

Thanks to being able to schedule postings I knew no one would know I had ventured far from the island.  I tried to keep up and respond to everyone on the iPad but managed to totally wipe out my last post.  I was finally able to retrieve it; I apologize if it has been showing up randomly.  

I have so many photographs and thoughts to share, but it will take some time to edit through them.   

I love traveling.  I get a little anxious just before leaving.  I want to make sure everything is taken care of and secure.  There is absolutely no feeling like getting a call from your security provider telling you your fire alarm is going off and you hundreds of miles away (can you tell I speak from experience?).  I've learned to just go ahead and go through my obsessive list before I shut the door behind me.  While waiting to board the plane I can then convince myself I did in fact put away the iron,  I didn't use electric hair-rollers.  There was no time to make coffee.  I double checked the stove even though no one cooked anything, the refrigerator door was closed, the front door was locked and the garage door was down.  

Once on the plane I am usually good to go.  Magazines and a book take me to a different zone.

Yes, I love to travel and explore, but I am always happy to return to my own little green oasis.


I'm going to try to catch up with everyone soon.  I'm anxious to hear about your trips, your gardens, the books you are reading and the wonderful food you are preparing.  Actually I am looking forward to just catching up with you in general.  

Have a wonderful week!
  

18 comments:

  1. Oh my Bonnie, I had to laugh as you were describing getting out of the house and checking everything and anything before closing the door. That is me also. I was never like this years ago when I had to juggle so many things and somehow accomplished so much without over-thinking.

    Too many times now I will return home after driving a few blocks to make sure I closed the garage doors. They are always closed, but I just need to make sure. I think I may have too much time on my hands.

    Glad you had a wonderful vacation. It is always good to get away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleen, I can't tell you how many times I circle around and return just to check the garage doors. I am certain my neighbors think I am absolutely crazy. Bonnie

      Delete
  2. Hello Bonnie and welcome home. Looking forward to hearing and reading all about your trip. I am also like you an double check and triple check to ensure all is locked. I also have to have my house spotless before leaving on a trip. (would have for the burglars to think I was a slob)

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I too must straighten my house before leaving. I worry if something were to happen and someone had to come into my house I wouldn't want them to see what clutterers we are. Bonnie

      Delete
  3. I well know that obsessive mind search of what I left on, plugged in, dripping, etc. before leaving town!! Once I'm on the way, it's o.k.. I am always glad to arrive home and find things in good order. Hope you had a great trip--wherever in the world you were.

    I'm now obsessing over whether to purchase an Ipad or a Macbook air. Suggestions?

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I do not have an iPad, Roger has one and I use it when we travel. I have mentioned I would like one, but I believe it is falling on deaf ears. I do love my MacBook Pro. I think I am a little intimidated with the iPad because it is not really mine, and I haven't had time to play around with it. Bonnie

      Delete
  4. I love to travel ... and it's also great to come home again! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I am going through the photos and trying to sort them. I have this one week of school left to work around. Bonnie

      Delete
  5. Hi Bonnie, welcome home! Can't wait to hear all about it. I am not traveling much this summer, a trip to Napa and that is all. Looking forward to staying close to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday Napa is a favorite spot of mine. There is always something to be said for staying near home base. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. Bonnie

      Delete
  6. I love your little squirrel, Bonnie - is he from your garden?
    Look forward to hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faisal, Yes the little guy has a nest in one of my oak trees. I just happen to be on the phone saying how good it was to be back in my little biosphere when I spotted him eating on the arm of the chair. I had to take his picture. The squirrels drive my husband crazy, but I am crazy about them. I am always slipping them little treats. Bonnie

      Delete
  7. Welcome back, Bonnie! I look forward to hearing about your travels. I too suffer from nerves before a trip, wondering if I'll forget something vital or if everyone will be okay and so on. It bugs me for days ahead. When I'm travelling for work I have the added anxiety of whether my interviewees or arrangements are in place. Sometimes it's a wonder I ever go anywhere at all! but like you I soon forget my worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I understand all you woes. I hope all goes well with your future travels. I so enjoy reading about all your adventures. Bonnie

      Delete
  8. Welcome back. I'm glad that you had a lovely break. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home, Bonnie. When I go away I have to leave my house clean, too. I love coming home to a clean house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorrie, I, too, leave my house clean but it is amazing how cluttered it becomes when we are unpacking. Bonnie

      Delete
  10. ooohhh Bonnie.....I don't have any of those four things to share!! But I have been thinking about making a desert, does that count???

    ReplyDelete