Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another Recipe for the Beach

Here is another recipe from Coastal Living.  Roger loves scallops.  He took such great care of me the last weeks of school, I wanted to make something he would enjoy before another week of traveling.  Paired with a  chilled Cava it was perfect for a summer supper outside.   He said it is one of his favorites.

 

Broiled Shrimp and Scallops
(Coastal Living)
6 servings

1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/3 cup white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 garlic cloves, pressed  (I chopped)
pinch of dried crushed red pepper (I like heat...2 pinches maybe)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (I left the tails on)
1 pound sea scallops (slice in half if more than 1 inch thick)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
5 ounces baby spinach leave
French bread

Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches away from element.  Place butter in a large roasting pan, and place pan in oven just until butter melts.

Remove pan from oven, and stir in wine and next 6 ingredients.  Add shrimp, scallops and tomatoes, tossing to coat.

Return pan to oven, and broil 3 minutes.  Stir shrimp and turn scallops; broil 2 more minutes.  Remove pan from oven; and add spinach, tossing about 1 minute or until slightly wilted.  Serve with French bread.



I cut the recipe to two servings, and as usual didn't measure anything.  I  just don't measure.   I actually used grape tomatoes instead of cherry.  I think the next time I make this I will not add the tomatoes until the last two minutes.  I think I would prefer them to have a bit more bite.  


I don't eat a lot of bread, but oh you do need a nice crusty piece...this broth is amazing.

Bon Appetit' 

(photos are mine)

19 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I will be trying that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Webb, I hope you enjoy it. I would think you have a lot of fresh seafood available. Bonnie

      Delete
  2. Do we have to be at the beach to have this? We love shrimp and scallops. The sauce does sound delicious--and, I sure owe The Baker!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, Ha! Ha! Enjoy! Beach is not necessary. Have fun! Bonnie

      Delete
  3. i am drooling over here and i am not even hungry!! this seems kind of easy....like maybe i could do this!!

    you are so sweet to roger and he to you. it really warms my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon apetit?? You mean One Cup of Tea? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Is that not what I said:) Bonnie

      Delete
  5. That really looks wonderful. It seems like a wonderful meal to serve guests, but I am always afraid of preparing the main course right before serving. Still, I might make it for hubby because I can always mess up on him..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleen it is so easy and so quick! I hope you enjoy it. Bonnie

      Delete
  6. Hello Bonnie:
    We shall, we know, hopeless as we are with anything to do with the kitchen, never, in a million years, follow this receipt. But it looks absolutely delicious, is exactly the kind of food we love to eat and, accompanied with a glass or two of Cava, would be something to be enjoyed on any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane and Lance...I pretty much taught myself to cook. I had a wise woman and talented cook tell me, "If you can read you can cook". I took the advice to heart and never once questioned. Enjoy! Bonnie

      Delete
    2. This is sound advice, Bonnie. We may yet be converted!!

      Delete
  7. That sounds lovely! Light and refreshing, just perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always get a little envious when I read recipes like this. My husband has a serious shellfish allergy, and I can't make any in my kitchen. At least I can live vicariously through those of you who can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my no you can not risk anaphylactic shock. I am always cautious when preparing any kind of seafood or fish for guest. Is it just shellfish? Bonnie

      Delete
  9. Thank you for the recipe. Your pics are beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seafood and salad. This looks so good - perfect for a summer dinner. If and when summer decides to arrive here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorrie, Our summer has been upon us since early spring. I hope you see warmer weather soon.

    ReplyDelete