Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Substitute

Hello!  It is I, Willie.  I thought you might have missed me.  It has been awhile.

I hope you can see me okay.  It was a little difficult taking these pictures.  You know the opposable thumb thing.  I don't have one of those new iphones yet...I thought I might look better in black and white.  I am, after all, black and white!


Mom said her "word bank" was empty today so I thought I could take over for her although I am usually not very talkative.  

She left her camera out while she was away and I decided to browse her pictures.  I always like to edit those she takes of me.


Here are a few shots she took yesterday when she was walking around the yard.

These are some of her favorites.
I try to remember not to water them for her.

  She pruned her knock-out roses a few weeks ago,
 and wow...they have exploded again.


A few surprise azaleas.  I don't think she really likes  azaleas to bloom in the Autumn.  She likes the old-fashioned spring blooming ones.  She can be a little opinionated like that.

The last of the New Guinea Impatiens.

I don't really get the dead stuff in the basket.  It scares every time I go out the front door.


Autumnal collections.
I'm going to catch that pesky squirrel that is snacking on my Mom's pumpkins.



My Mom will be back soon.  I know she finished a book last night.  I am sure she will find words to talk about it.


uh-oh, gotta go....they're home!
(I hope she remembered my 
favorite snacks) sh-h-h! 



W-illie?  What have you been up to?

8 comments:

  1. Willie, you have such beautiful brown eyes!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Willie. You are a real cutie.

    Your Mom sure took some great pictures. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my knockouts are doing the same thing, you really get a lot of bang for your buck!!

    nice post willie, your a handsome fella!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of your flowers. And thanks to Willie for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Willie, you tell a story so well. Like your owner, I question why the azaleas blooms in the fall. My bushes each have a few flowers and, well, it just is not right.

    The new fall plants your mom has put in will have all new scents that you can explore. Have fun, you beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say Willie did a pretty good job at posting while Mom got a break. ha

    ReplyDelete