Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Preparations



Yesterday I loaded shopping bags of supplies, a new rug, long remnants of poster paper and craft paper and an old easel, I found when cleaning out the closet, into the trunk of my car and headed to school to do a little work in my classroom.  I spent a couple of hours cleaning and clearing away things left from last year.  It is always difficult for me to take down names, lists and artwork from children of a past year; so many memories... hurdles and milestones...tears and hugs.


It didn't take long to pick up and move around.   I found my bulletin board "stuff" safely stored where I had filed it.  For someone so unorganized I'm pretty organized in the classroom.   Everything is back where it belongs.


Crayons and glue waiting for  little little creative hands
to take possession.


Just a few things left to do and


I'll be ready to welcome my new bluebirds.




7 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you were a teacher. Your classroom looks very organised and ready for your pupils. I think it must be a very rewarding job - although I suspect it probably has its down side too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Bonnie!
    Your classroom looks great! You make me really miss being in a school. Your students will be lucky to have you. What grade do you teach? I feel pretty safe in guessing it's elementary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to realize another summer is nearly gone. It's nice that your batteries are re-charged enough that you are looking forward to the new crop of little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your classroom looks wonderful and very organized. Have a wonderful year with your new group of kids. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you sound like such a devoted teacher!! the classroom looks great...very welcoming for those new little bluebirds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your prep work seems pure pleasure, Bonnie! Your classroom looks like a bright, welcoming, happy place. I wish school was that for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I taught for 9 years. Every year, when the term ended, I went though a period of melancholy. I finally had to quit when two of my students were diagnosed with life altering diseases. I had gone through this before, but at that point, I could no longer handle it anymore. Teachers are my heroes, brave, compassionate and always trying so hard to meet everyone's needs and expectations. I now wish I had stuck with it as it was the most satisfying job I ever had.

    ReplyDelete