Monday, August 6, 2012

Playing Around....Again

It has been said I cannot leave well enough alone.
I have always been the one to move into a new office or classroom, start throwing out and moving things around.  There is very little that is sacred when I am on a rampage.  Yes, I am the guilty one who threw away all the faded scrapes of construction paper and  random Weekly Readers from 1987.

Last night my photograph bank became my latest victim.  I tried to be careful.  I flipped between the "albums" and earlier posts several times making sure I didn't delete photos I had used.  When I first began writing Living Life, I didn't realize I had limited space for photographs and was not very careful in uploading my pictures.  

Well in my moment of deleting I noticed I had four copies of 

.
   

I checked, double checked and tripled checked to make sure I left the correct one and proceeded to delete the extras.  Everything seemed to be okay.  Well I was wrong, as I so often find.  This morning when I posted a comment, a black box with a hyphen (minus sign, dash) appeared. 

Bottom line.... for now (I'll find something I like better) when you see


you will know it is only I.

In checking I find I now have four copies of this photo.  Who knew?

********

Here is a little something that floated out of an old journal this morning. 

If A Dog Was Your Teacher,
you would learn stuff like.....

  • When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
  • Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.  Allow the experience of fresh air and  the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
  • When it's in your best interest --practice obedience.
  • Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
  • Take naps and stretch before rising
  • Run, romp, and play daily.
  • Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
  • Avoid biting, when a simple growl will do.
  • On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
  • On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
  • When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
  • No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.
  • Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
  • Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.  Stop when you have had enough.
  • Be loyal.
  • Never pretend to be something you're not.
  • If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
  • When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
-unknown
Have a wonderful Monday!

16 comments:

  1. first, i would know that was "you", because, well that's so "you"!!

    second, it is best to play, purge and organize things. it is what makes me happy!!

    third, i have read the dog thing, truer words have never been written!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bonnie, did you write this??? I've never read it. Oh, I have got to have a copy! It is soooo true! We need to practice the dog's life! Love it! Thanks for yor always reading my posts and your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, No I didn't. I clipped from the newspaper years ago. I was looking through an old journal when it slipped out. It is not new, but I think it is relevant. Have a wonderful day. Bonnie

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I am just beginning the process of deleting some photos from Iphoto. We can all aspire to be more like our dogs!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, You can delete all you want from iPhoto. I was referring to picasa (I think that is what is called and I am not for sure about the spelling). It is where blogger stores the photos you post on your site.

      Pup are pretty special creatures! Have a wonderful day! Bonnie

      Delete
  4. My photo bank is becoming full also and I do worry about the purge that will have to be done soon.

    I have heard people remark how human-like their dog is. If only we could be more dog like, the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleen, I wish I had a better understanding of how all of this works. I am a bit dangerous on a computer.

      Have a great day! Bonnie

      Delete
  5. Most of the things that my computer is capable of are beyond my knowing. I'm only just back to blogging after having learnt to reduce my pixels! Don't tell me that another googly is coming my way!

    The dog skills are lovely but Maisie has yet to learn them all. Yesterday she bit the neighbour's trousers and would not let go. She doesn't buy into the guilt thing - oh, no. Given half a chance I'm sure she would bite those trousers again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, I am certainly not computer savvy by any means. I have no clue about reducing pixels nor reducing photo files it seems. You will need to educate me on the pixels.

      I sounds as if Maisie is simply protecting what is hers. Maisie is such a pretty name. I hope you have had a grand week. Bonnie

      Delete
  6. Loved this Bonnie...my dog would agree! I have been down the photo delete path before with dire consequences. I deleted nearly every photo on one of my blogs. You can imagine the fretting that ensued...only to find there was no return. Since then, I am too nervous to touch a single photo and am waiting for my photos to back up on me as well. Fingers crossed.

    I hope you don't mind...I am going to post your 'Dog Lessons' on Facebook...I know many others who will appreciate it :) ....

    Sending you best wishes from Saigon...

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, Fortunately I was trying to be careful. Goodness know what might have happened if I had gone in with reckless abandonment. You are correct....there is no going back. So enjoy your posts from Saigon. Bonnie

      Delete
  7. Love the dog poem. Wasn't there an old movie where the mother tells her daughter the secret to a successful marriage is a dog training book (with the husband being the dog). That stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, It sounds like a delightful movie. If you remember the title please let me know. Have a great day! Bonnie

      Delete
  8. Goodness - I didn't even know that I had a photo bank!!! Thanks for the warning - I must be carefull. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, You should have "picasa" photo storage. You are given a small amount free. There is then a monthly fee to upgrade. I am almost certain I am very close. I will let you know. I so do not know what I am talking about. Have a wonderful day! Bonnie

      Delete
  9. That's the kind of thing that would happen so easily to me. I hope you can work things out. In the meantime, I loved the dog post - so cute!

    ReplyDelete