Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Can you hear it?

Silence!


The fans and dehumidifiers have been turned off and removed.  They tell us we are now dry.  All that remains is to have things put back the way it should be.  The damage was much more extensive than I could have ever imagined...the good news is it is covered by our insurance.  Thank you for all of your kind comments and thoughts.  You truly lifted my spirits with your chuckles and your similar tales of water woes.      

As soon as the last piece of equipment exited through the front door I began vacuuming and dusting.   Just returning the coffeepot to its spot made me feel happier.   The bookcases will remain on their sides in the middle of the room.  Books are still quietly lined and stacked in the guest room and office.  Most everything from the kitchen counters will remain in the dining room.   Even though I would love to be putting everything back where it belongs, it seem pointless,
until all the reconstruction has taken place.  

What do I do when I am are waiting for appointments to show up
and phone calls to be returned?  

I play on Pinterest.

I did a bit of housekeeping on my boards.  I finally fiddled around and figured out how to link pinterest and Living Life.  I searched out new folks to follow.   And, I did quite a bit of "pinning".

I am longing for summer to bid us farewell and exit the stage.  I am not for sure I can think to offer her a standing ovation.


It is time for autumn's arrival; I can't wait!
I found so many pretties to send me dreaming of cooler days.

via
I can just imagine curling up here with a great book and a cup of tea.
Maybe you would like to join me for an afternoon chat.

So many recipes just longing to be created.

via
Pears, cranberries, feta and walnuts.  Who could resist this yummy autumn salad.

via

I did a little planning for a trip to Ireland.


And, books...oh so many books!


I just started The Lost Wife.  I'll let you know what I think.

Okay, today was pretty much a wait and see day.  
Tomorrow the alarm will sound and I will be back in school.

How do you pass time when you are on someone else's timetable?

first two pictures are my own.  The others via pinterest.

28 comments:

  1. Glaad things are finally getting better. Many you will be able to slip in a little improvement or two as itgoes back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Webb, New ceilings, new hardwoods and fresh paint. I really just want to be able to get back into my kitchen. I hope you are having a good week. Bonnie

      Delete
  2. Wonderful news . . . Happy things are getting back to normal!

    Pretty flowers, salad looks yummy . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, Life is good! I have been craving that salad.... Bonnie

      Delete
  3. Oh dear Bonnie - I've just come back from a holiday and I'm catching up with 'bloggy news' over breakfast. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had major problems with your home - especially as you are back at work too!
    Sending loads of love and best wishes, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, No worries. Things are looking better and brighter everyday. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. I am hoping to escape a bit soon. Welcome home! Bonnie

      Delete
  4. I would LOVE to join you for an afternoon chat! You will be so near, just a hop over the water from me, when you come to Ireland - how frustrating. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, How wonderful it would be to sit and visit with you. One day! Have a wonderful week. Bonnie

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Glad all is moving forward in a positive way for you. For me, I play Bejeweled on my cell phone while waiting....or read one of many of the diverse variety of books I have both in my car and on my side table ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One would think I would be reading, but I can't seem to slow my brain down to concentrate. Mindless pinning..... no concentration needed:)

      Delete
  6. Normalcy, what we all crave. Hopefully, your phone calls will be returned quickly, your contractors will be on time, and the reconstruction will be to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not very good with waiting for other people. Everything will work out....I am confident. Thanks! Bonnie

      Delete
  7. I would love to join you for tea anytime, anyplace.

    At least phase 1 is over. You made it. Breath. We'll be here through the next phase too. Just wish I were closer so I could be of some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, You are too kind. Really everything else will go smoothly. The folks coming in to do all the work will move all the furniture in and out. I may do a little redecorating....who knows:) Thank you for you sweet thoughts.

      Delete
  8. Good news that you can start to put your home back in order! :)
    We are about to turn ours upside down having tile floors installed in the entire cottage. So, how will I pass time when we're on someone else's timetable? I still am painting the house/sheds... so long as the weather holds. And I play at Pinterest too. :)

    I'm looking forward to Fall too - reading in front of the fire... can't wait! :)

    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to find you on Pinterest. It can really make time disappear. I am not for sure that is a good thing though. It sounds like you cottage will be wonderful. I hope you will share pictures. Bonnie

      Delete
  9. Bonnie, so happy to hear your headed in the right direction now with getting things back to the way they were. It's also good to know I'm not the only one ready to say goodbye to summer. This heat has been a drag. Enjoy the silence and return to normalcy.

    When are you going to Ireland? I went when I was younger/single and I thought is was the most beautiful place. Would love to go again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you house is dry again. Sorry we missed you at open house this morning. You were busy with your new blue birds and we didn't want to interrupt with our chaos. I'm sure we will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, I saw JD but couldn't get to him. You should have just peeked in, I would have made time. Hugs to you all. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to hear your house is coming back together...we had flood last yr..I understand the mess!! I am now reading Interior Castles....by Saint Thereasa, a doctor of the Catholic church....definitely NOT fluff...how to go inside ourselves to find God.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The news sounds promising - so glad things are going better.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I'm waiting for someone to show up, particularly a service person who could be here at any time, I try to make the waiting as pleasant as possible. Like you, I find reading, baking and trip planning are enjoyable ways to pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Bonnie, I have nominated you for an award on my blog.. just to let you know that I really enjoy reading your posts! All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan Thank you so very much. I have a few things on my plate right now, but will certainly acknowledge it soon. Thank you again.

      Delete
  16. i have so many "vises" for wasting time but pinterest is one of my favorites!!

    happy to hear that things are better on the homefront!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely blog post. So glad your repairs are coming along. And I share your excitement about fall! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonnie, it's been such an ordeal. I've read over your recent posts - I'm sorry because I haven't been online much and have not been keeping up with my favourite blogs. I am glad that it's in hand at last, though, and also glad that planning your trip to Ireland is a nice distraction!
    That salad looks amazing. I already have something for supper tonight otherwise I know what I'd be making!

    ReplyDelete