Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thank You!



I just found out Jill, Chillin with Jill, has bestow upon me the "Versatile Blogger Award".  Thank you Jill, you are very kind.  This is the second time I have received this particular distinction.  The first time, I must admit, was at a very busy time in the school year; I just didn't really have time to follow all the criteria.  I am not for sure I will get it all correct this time, but I will try.

I understand many bloggers do not accept awards.  I never turn down chocolate or  a compliment.  You just never know when it might be your last.   There is one thing that makes me uncomfortable and you will discover how I choose to handle it further down.  Jill, I accept with pleasure.

I know I am suppose to tell you seven random things about myself..oh my..what have I not already shared with you?

  • I was a barrel racer from a very young age through high school.
  • I love college football and Willie Nelson. 
  • I  was editor of my high school paper.
  • Once upon a time I was a wardrobe consultant...now I can't even figure out my own style.
  • I record Masterpiece Theater every Sunday night.  I save it for an evening I want to sit and knit. 
  • I have an imaginary butler named George who has been with me for 30 years.  If you ever need him, let me know and I'll send him over.  I know he will work as hard for you as he does for me.
  • I never have a problem entertaining myself...I am never bored!
Now, I know I am suppose to send this award to seven bloggers, however, I am unable to choose.  I don't know who accepts and who doesn't.  I don't like rejection...I'm sensitive.  Please check out my blog list (I think the complete list is on my profile)  and visit all of these wonderful sites.  You will find travelers, writers, poets and artists.  There are gardeners, gourmet chefs, photographers and so much more.  So many voices telling their stories.   Some of the authors found me... others I discovered.  Have fun browsing!  Again, thank you so much Jill.

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I so enjoyed reading the seven random things about you and laughed right out loud (very loud indeed!) when I got to George. Too funny! Yes, please send him over. I won't need him very long and promise to send him right back. I'm afraid that he may get confused with all the other George's that are at our house this time of year. Every mosquito eater that finds it's way in through the opeen door is called George for the duration of his stay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bonnie:
    'Living Life' is, in every sense of the word, the versatile blog. Beautifully presented, and written with much thought and care, it is always of interest, insightful, at times informative, and, what makes it so special and appealing, personal. To this may be added the wonderful header image which, from time to time, is succeeded by yet another which, in our view, is even more attractive. And here, in accepting your award, you express yourself, typically, in such a way as to be mindful of others. Congratulations, Bonnie. We, along with all of your Followers, look forward to all of your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off what a gorgeous Fall header. The photo is so clear and crisp. I liked learning a little bit about you and now with your butler I know you have a wicked sense of humor. Enjoyed my visit this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new fall header is beautiful. Congratulations on your award. You've found the perfect way to pass it along. Nice to find out more about you. Thanks for the offer of sharing George. Do you have an imaginary housekeeper (and assistant) that you could send along with him?

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is very versatile and also one of the prettiest that I have the pleasure of reading.

    I could use George today, I need my closets cleaned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I don't know, my housekeeper breaks things, and my assistants, Mac and Dell, are both tethered, most of the time to the wall. George is on his way. Bonnie

    Arleen, Thank you so much. George is free this weekend...he has you on his list. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly deserve any and every award that would come your way - your blog is meaningful, intelligent and beautiful. I know what you mean about choosing - I would not know where to start and would be afraid of hurting someone's feelings. Your solution was a good one. Love the orange flowers in your heading.

    ReplyDelete