Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Little Bit of This and That





Yesterday was the first day of school.  It was a terrific day, but I would be lying, by omission, if I did not tell you I came home and took a power nap.  It was a very good, but busy day.  This week we will spend the week getting acquainted.  It is going to be a very good year and I am so excited to begin.

 *******

Several weeks ago I wrote about my friend Cam.  I shared with you a picture of the sweater I had just mailed out for her new baby girl and mentioned she had just told me she was expecting her third grandbaby, a boy who would be named Liam.  I didn't immediately know what I would knit, but I knew exactly what color it had to be. 


 

I bet you guessed it would be green.
You guys are just too smart!


I finished it, wrapped it and mailed it a week or so before heading to Chicago.  I told her I wouldn't post a picture of the finished product until she had a chance to see it.  She emailed me to say it had arrived and had been opened.  I obviously picked the perfect color for a Liam; she shared they had just purchased accessories for the nursery in the exact shade of green. 

Liam's Polo

I had just enough yarn to knit a pair of matching socks.  I just couldn't resist. So much fun seeing something come together.

I recently found out I have another friend expecting a grandson later this year.  Oh yes,  I have begun.



I am so grateful to friends for suppling me with sweet reasons to occasionally pick up the needles.

9 comments:

  1. bonnie.....you are so talented in every way, awesome gift, beautifully wrapped!!

    please don't worry about our "visits" now that school has started and leaving me comments. i know you will be very busy with your students & classes. good luck....they are sooo lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bonnie:
    How clever you are!! The matching sweater and socks is delightful, we are sure that your friend was thrilled. And now, another friend is also going to be the lucky recipient of your creative talents. Lovely!!

    Having spent many years in education ourselves, we totally understand about the power nap. Schools are exhausting if not highly creative places and recharging the batteries is absolutely vital. We hope that your new academic year will go well. We are quite sure that your pupils adore you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the start of a new school year, you sound ready for it. Take every power nap that you need, it must be hard work.
    You jumper and socks looks lovely, what a lucky little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie! You do such beautiful work! Wonderful shade of green.

    You so deserved that power nap yesterday! In fact, you earn them everyday. Teaching is hard work. Those little ones are so lucky to have you.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitting is beautiful. My mom used to knit and crochet, and she used to try to teach me when I was young. I never had the interest. Today, I wish I had paid attention. My 10 year old granddaughter has picked up the needles and we all have nice scarves now. Hope she keeps it up.

    When I taught, I always had to have a quick nap when I got home, at least for the first week .

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome boy he will be in that sweater!!
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arleen, Thank you! You might be surprised how much you remember if you picked up the needles again. I love to see children knitting.... the next generation. Bonnie

    Suzy, thank you! I can't wait to see him. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of the sweet sweater and socks. I have done a little (very little) knitting in the past as my grandmother thought all "ladies" should knit, crochet and embroider. I was never good at any. That's my fault since I never really tried. I am a great "appreciator" of what the various "needles" can produce!!

    The Baker found the biscuits at Meijer. Drat!! I thought a trip to London should be in order.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that little set and you know I'm crazy for that color green. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete