Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Ramblings

"When I go into the garden with a spade and dig a bed I feel such an exhilaration and health that I discover that I have been defrauding myself all this time in letting others do for me what I should have done with my own hands."  --Ralph Waldo Emerson


First a quick update on the missing water valve.  Well...it is still missing.  And I am giving up the search.  I quit!  I am crying "uncle"!  So, Mr. Emerson, someone else will be digging for me.

I still think I know the area it is in, but the  landscaper putting in my new pathways will have to do the digging.  Think of this as the old-fashioned serial with the next and final installment hopefully appearing sometime in April.


It is unusual that I receive a personal letter or card in the mail anymore, so you can imagine my excitement when I received two posted notes Thursday morning.  Just as I began opening my treasured mail the doorbell rang.  When I opened the door it was the mailman holding a bag.


This was pretty exciting, but I knew it was something Roger had ordered; I set it aside and went my merry way.  When Roger came in I told him he had a package by the front door.  He brought it into the kitchen and said, "This is actually for you".  I opened it and found this fabulous book.



Isn't the cover lovely?  Trust me dear friends, that is not what I looked like digging up my front border.

The temperatures have dropped here once again.  


It is cloudy and drizzly making it feel colder.  I will leave you with what Willie and I found in the garden yesterday.










Oh my,  could this be a wayward columbine returning?


I am so trying to embrace these sweet faces.




Willie and I are going to settle in an peruse our new book.


Have a sunny weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely quote and beautiful photos - take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. It did get cold there. How neat to get something from the "Royal Mail."

    ReplyDelete