Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring


What a lovely weekend!  

  • cleaned both birdbaths
  • filled bird feeders  (okay, my sweet husband did this)
  • dug up a ton of wild violets (sorry they are taking over)
  • transfered perennial salvia from one bed to the other
  • tied up new growth on climbing roses (ouch!)
  • cut back ferns
  • cut back liriopie
  • planted seeds for transplanting
  • started a new hydrangea from cuttings 
  • gave returning perennials a good feeding and roses
 After going through the beds one more time I have sadly concluded  I've lost the lady's mantles, columbines and two of my astilbes.  I am certain it was not the winter, but the harsh temperatures of last summer.  I will replant.

Oh, did I forget to mention several perennials jumped in my wagon yesterday afternoon.  Oh my!

Bad photo, but I can't  resist sharing it.  I didn't have time to get the flash set before he jumped.


3 comments:

  1. We have robins back and need lighter coats. Welcome spring!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend! It's so nice getting to work in the garden. I think I've lost several plants too, but I think it was our wet winter. Oh well, an excuse to my new ones.
    Love that picture of the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too soon to work in the beds yet over here but our squirrels and chipmonks are out and about again!

    ReplyDelete