Saturday, March 19, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

"Pondering is a little like considering and a little like thinking, but looser. To ponder, one must let the facts roll around the rim of the mind's roulette wheel, coming to settle in whichever slot they feel pulled to." 
Christopher Moore 
(Flulek: Or, I know Why the Winged Whale Sings)


Yesterday at noon I officially began my spring break.  I must say, I am a little overwhelmed with having a week's worth of time on my hands.   Time that pretty much is exclusively mine.

Yesterday, I didn't waste much time.  After  stopping at home to change clothes I headed out to the nursery (bet you thought I was going to say bookstore...)   They were just getting in most of their bedding plants.  There was a very nice selection of perennials.  I had a hard time not loading up one of their little red wagons with treasures, but I resisted the temptation.  I'm still waiting (patiently, I might add) to see what else might peek up through the ground.  I will go on and confess, Roger and I were at my favorite nursery this morning when they opened their gates.  I know, I am totally hopeless.

Last night, escaping March Madness (I'm a football girl, I hate basketball), I sat outside enjoying a beverage while staring up "pondering".  When I was young, I would often walk in on Mother staring off.   I would ask her what she was doing;  she would say "just pondering".  As I have gotten older, I now understand what she meant.  I suppose I am feeling a bit restless.  Do you ever feel like the winds  have changed and are calling you? 

How will I spend the week?  Moment by moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment