Monday, March 14, 2011

A Celebration



This weekend was spent in St. Louis celebrating my daughter's 27th birthday.  We had the best time.  We did everything she wanted to do, and since, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" it was all my favorite things as well.

We started our morning with a quick walk through the zoo.  The St. Louis Zoo is truly a treasure.  The first exhibits were opened for the Louisiana Purchase Exposition (the World's Fair) in 1904; the zoo first opened in 1910, and continues to be maintained beautifully.  While there is a charge for a few of the exhibits (free if you are willing to get there early), the admission remains free.

 A few of my favorite stops

butterfly house


do you see what I see?


pygmy goat


penguins

Even though there was a very dirty window between us, and there is a great deal of reflection, I think this is my very favorite.  Such emotion in those eyes.


Our next stop... tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see the rest of your stops...I'm from St. Louis! There's so many fun things to do...do you ever go across the river into Alton, IL...it's charming!

    Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie -
    So nice you could celebrate her birthday with your daughter. Have you ever read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn? Really made me wonder about emotions and animals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I hope I do not disappoint you. I had hoped to do three posting, but it seems with so much sadness in the world today, I will end it with two.

    I haven't read "Ishmael", but I will be checking it out now. Thanks for the referral. I am always adding onto my reading list.

    ReplyDelete