Friday, January 14, 2011

So, What's Your Sign?



Have you heard a new astrological sign has been added to the zodiac,  changing the dates associated with the others?  As I understand it, the shifting of the earth has changed the alignment of the stars.  (I am sure there is a more "astrological" way to put it.)  I first became aware of the news while browsing facebook, checking up on the goings on of my friends.   I was surprised when the story actually showed up on my news feed and on the national news.

I haven't thought about the zodiac signs or horoscopes for years.  When I was a teenager, my key chain had a big plastic disk with a Capricorn on it.  Yes, I am a Capricorn.  I remember there was a picture of a mountain goat climbing a steep mountain ridge.  Those of us with birthdays between December 21 to some time in January (don't hold me to the 21st) have been described surefooted, confident, stoic, ambitious, always trying to reach the top.  In other words we are "born leaders" ready to take charge.  Hum!  I have never felt as if I matched up to those adjectives. 

The news of the changing zodiac forced me to do a little research.  I confess, I've thought so little about horoscopes, I couldn't tell you what comes before Capricorn.  I know Aquarius  follows.  I mean really,  what child in the 60's and early 70's didn't want to be an Aquarian.  You know, the whole "age of Aquarius" thing.   Well, after my research I found out it is Sagittarius.

Sagittarians  are optimistic, honest and knowledge seekers.  They are enjoyable to be around when in a joyful mood, "but can become more sullen if feel their wings have been clipped".  I am a "glass half full" kind of girl.  I strongly believe if you tell the truth you have nothing to forget; as I age I have less and less storage space for remembering.  I've mentioned before I could easily be a professional student (seriously, I researched blackeyed peas and astrology).   Oh yes, if I feel like I have been wronged... I pretty much shut down.

I almost forgot, Sagittarians  also enjoy being around horses (the archer is part horse).  In an earlier life, I was a barrel racer (surprised, huh?)  There might be something to this realignment thing.

I think I  am a Sagittarian.  If not, I should be!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting! I've always been a Libra and hope I still am. Going to have to run off and do some research myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea! But I think I am, and always will be, a scorpio. Haven't thought about astrological signs in years, and I just realized I should look up to see what my kids are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I understand it, though, it only changes the sign for people who are born NOW. It doesn't change the sign you were born under at the time. Sorry. :(
    I'm an Aquarius and most people tell me I am 100% true to my sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think anyone's "sign" is in jeopardy. I read another article saying most follow the zodiac controlled by the seasons not the stars (again, I don't think I really know what I am talking about). Most western astrologers totally rebuffed the idea. I know several people who are true to their signs. Me? I'm just a rebel....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, so much depends upon your Moon, your rising sign, and the signs your Venus & Mars fall in. I never felt completely like a Taurus, but then when I found out I have a Scorpio moon and Aquarius rising, everything fell into place.

    My husband is a Capricorn, born on the cusp of Aquarius, with Sagittarius rising. And yes, he is optimistic, honest, and a seeker of knowledge who is also pragmatic and a poet. You see? They're all there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte, I would love to know what was rising maybe I would understand myself a little better.

    ReplyDelete