Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wow!

To see a World in a Grain of Sand


And a Heaven in a Wild Flower


Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand


And Eternity in an hour.


(Words from the first stanza of William Blake's poem "Auguries of Innocence".)


I wish I knew what William Blake was trying to say.  I've read the poem in completion; it seems to be a struggle between good and evil.  I do think the first stanza could stand alone.   Maybe it means we only need to break the bindings of time and space to find all that is beautiful.  Impossible?

I am a believer of all things good and impossible.
All I need do is look into the eyes of a loved one
or hold the hand of a child.

Several days ago one of my children ask me how much I loved her.
I replied, "I love you to the moon and back".
Remembering my daughter and I playing this game every night
when she was little, I stopped and said, "That's not true.
I love you to infinity and back and back again".
She looked up at me, paused and in a quiet voice said, "Wow!"

It is here where I find my grain of sand, my wildflower.  I hold this moment in the palm of my hand
and in it is my hour that is an eternity....

And with a happy heart and a smile,  I say
 "Wow!"

11 comments:

  1. all my most favorite things!! beautiful entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Beautiful thoughts. The world would be a better place if each of us stopped and took notice of at least a few of each day's "Wow!s" - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful writer you are . . . I loved listening . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw, "Wow!" How beautiful!

    Thank you for your sweet words to me on my blog and your encouragement.

    Love the quote on your blog by Ann Lamont. His GRACE truly is amazing!

    From one Bonnie to another:) Much Love and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so uplifting. I love your photos, and they complement the poem beautifully. And I love what you said about loving your children to infinity and back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, your students are very lucky to have you! Beautiful and uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bonnie. Wow.

    I sometimes stand outside in the middle of the night and try to see the Milky Way. Really see it all. And I cannot. It is too infinite, too great, to see it all at once. So in my mind I bundle everything up into One, and admire each thing as it's presented, knowing it's One.

    Your post spreads love. :) Sending love right back to you.
    ~ Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bonnie - It is so nice to meet you...Thank you so much for your visit to my blog. I took a bit of time to read yours. It is lovely. I too share the love of books and words. Am looking forward to getting to know you. Have a blessed week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And your photographs match the Blake's words beautifully. I don't really understand what he means either, usually, but I am not sure it really matters, he communicates anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it recognising the perfection of the moment and giving thanks? The latest moment to be tucked into my heart was my 3 yr old grandchild whisking off his pyjama top and asking if I would like to smell him. Of course he smelled wonderful.

    ReplyDelete