Thursday, November 1, 2012

Welcome Sweet November

I truly believe November to be the prettiest month of all.


Leaves

"How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
 



At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.



Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow." 

-   Elsie N. Brady



7 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful photographer! And how lovely that November is your favorite month. So many people don't like November, but it's my birthday month and I'm quite fond of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos. The red leaf is stunning. November is a great month, although I'm partial to October for it's my birth month. But every month has its pluses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Bonnie

    Beautiful photos and a lovely poem to accompany them too.

    I hope that you enjoy the month of November
    and that it is a good one for you and your family.

    Happy weekend.

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is like a lullaby, this poem and your pictures, Bonnie. I am wanting to lay low...

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so lovely to visit you today...to read the verses, to view your images and be connected to my wonderful blogging friend. thanks bonnie, for making me smile today!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words and images. Hoping your heart doesn't ache for long.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete