Sunday, July 1, 2012

Too Hot to Worry

All creatures great and small are just trying to survive as best they can.


This baby can't hurt the hosta anymore than the heat, so I am not going to bother him; he doesn't seem to concerned with my presence.  


Pink walks around looking for the sprinkler.  She no longer hides in her shell when I approach her with the hose, but lifts her little head to catch a few water drops.

Yesterday I was giving the turtle a shower and the blue tailed skink ran out to get a little refreshment.  Everything is stressed and feeling fearless.

May you find a bit of relief from the heat this week.

7 comments:

  1. As much as the squirrels drive me nuts, that is an adorable picture and my heart goes out to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - the heat must be unbearable for all the animals. The squirrel photo is very cute. Here in England the weather continues to be persistently wet. This is the wettest June since records began. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, It there are extremes everywhere. I wish it could be more evenly spread. I dream of a refreshing rain shower. Bonnie

      Delete
  3. Poor little fellow, I know how he feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeri, He was in need of a cool place to rest out of the sun.

      Delete
  4. I hope you get some relief from the heat this week. We haven't had any serious heat yet, but I know it is coming. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We made the record books last week. Today there is a bit of cloud cover. Hopefully a few days of lower temps....the 90s maybe? I suppose it is all relative. A good excuse to stay in with a book.

    ReplyDelete