Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Plans

I had hoped to post more pictures from San Francisco, or maybe write about the book I finished last week or the one I'm reading now.  I thought I might tell you about our afternoon showers we've enjoyed.  I tried out a new shrimp recipe tonight I could have shared, but alas I didn't have time to snap a photograph.

It is summer and I am just enjoying the time to be.

I will leave you tonight with a picture and a favorite quotation.


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day."
E.B. White


all photographs are mine 
unless otherwise noted.

10 comments:

  1. A nice bright new leaf! Mind you, if it was here in England, I would know it was about to grow several inches a day and cover up all the other plants. I don't know if ivy does that where you live!

    Enjoy your summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny, english ivy runs rampant here as well. I am constantly trimming it trying to keep it from taking over the trees and walls. It covers portions of the backside of my home. We just try to keep it out of the roof shingles. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Summertime and the livin' is easy." Enjoy!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to your quote!! It said it all perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote. I guess we need to find some balance between the two. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love inspirational quotes and that is a good one.

    Have a good weekend Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh bonnie, your right...it's so hard to fit everything in!! enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quote and I glad to hear that someone is getting rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great quote! Savor your summer, and I look forward to hearing from you whenever you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful quote and it really makes you think about what kind of person you want to be.

    ReplyDelete