Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Learning Curve


Yesterday Roger decided to update the Mac with Lion.  I was a little suspicious.  I've been feeling quite comfortable with Mac.  So much so Dell seldom comes out to play.  Dell just can't keep up. 

As I said I have been feeling confident about manuevering around with Mac.  Okay, sometimes I might need a little help from my personal apple tech...she knows who she is.   She has assured me I really can't destroy anything.  So I've become a bit of a hacker; I have a tendency to just start playing around hoping to figure things out as I go.  


I must admit I am a bit intimidated with this new update.  It is faster, more efficient and everything is accessible with a touch of a finger,  two or three, on the touch pad.  Here is my problem.  My fingers and the pad are not compatible.  I think they are too cold.  Roger thinks they are too smooth and my touch is too soft. 


Last night after trying numerous times to scroll down my page I  became frustrated and just shut Mac down and put him away.  I had thoughts of quietly disappearing from the cyber world.

Today the sun was shining through the window and I was beginning to feel a little more open minded and maybe confident about the changes.  I've listened to the tutorial multiple times and have begun playing around a little bit.  My sense of adventure and experimentation is returning.

This lion and I might learn to get along after all.

9 comments:

  1. It just takes time and soon it will be second nature! Then it will be the Dell that you have a hard time navigating on! I just got a new Mac and it has Lion, so I am learning some new tricks too...but I sure do love it! For people who like to dabble in photography and blogging, etc...it beats a PC any day in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're sticking with it! I'd sure hate to lose you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, I've not been tempted to tame the "Lion". I'm pretty happy with just maintaining what I have and accepting how it works. I'm so thrilled that my Mac (now over two years old) is so much easier to use than my former Dells.

    Wonderful photos!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I talk to, rage at, and constantly beg my computers to cooperate. They are like family, and sometimes like a love gone bad. Good luck in navigating the new terrain. It might seem frustrating to get it set up, but hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layne, I am working on it. My fingers just do not work with the pad. I am trying to remember to not use the tips of my fingers but the full pad. I am sure I will get the hang of it soon. Thanks for the encouragement. Bonnie

    Bonnie, I, too, was so happy with the Mac. I share it and "he" was wanting to sync all his techie stuff. I will master this as well; just in time for something new I am sure. Bonnie

    Arleen, I had to laugh at "love gone wrong". So very true. I know I will figure it out, hopefully before I throw it up against a wall. Just kidding....well I have thought about it. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. chuck plays with mac, he wants me to play also. so far i have resisted. i like p.c., we have gotten along pretty well. p.c. is a lil slower but i am also. i didn't care for the mac touch, it's opposite/reverse!! i do however ADORE my iphone!!

    gorgeous flowers, i love those mums but can't remember the name. i will remember when i hit publish your comment!! i like them in soda bottles, three in a row...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted a Mac for awhile now. Lucky you! Oh, the flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Beyond...Thank you so much. I picked the flowers up at the market last week. They are lasting forever. I do love the Mac. I just thunked it better last week. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you will eventually "conquer" the lion-just keep at it. Lovely pics of the flowers--nice warm weather here in Kansas, but very drab and dull. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete