Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Art of Receiving


Pinned Image

I love to give gifts, especially random gifts.  I am energized by the search; and, delighted with the discovery of the perfect gift for a special person.  I am thrilled when I am successful. 

I equally enjoy receiving gifts, although I do not always find it as easy as giving.   I am always touched when someone thinks of me and takes the time to pick out something just for me.  I have never been one to want to peek or hurriedly open presents.  I am perfectly happy just looking at or holding a package knowing someone thought about me.  For me, it truly is the thought.  

I am of the old school where saying thank you is important.   I enjoy the act of composing a thank you note.  I want the giver to know how much I appreciate the gift and most of all the thought.  With that said, I am embarrassed to say I have been negligent.  Sometimes we forget words of praise or acknowledgement are equally wonderful gifts even though they do not come wrapped in pretty paper and bows.

Several weeks ago Jill at Chillin With Jill and  just this past week Rosemary at  Share My Garden  honored me with the gift of passing an award my way.


I have thanked both individually, but have been negligent in doing so on my blog.  As I told both, I am both honored and humbled by being mentioned on their sites.  I know there are many who do not accept awards.  I think I am in the undecided category.  The best way I know to say thank you is to pass on this award (I will call it an acknowledgement) and hopefully  introduce you to a few of the wonderful blogs I enjoy.   As I have mentioned before I have a difficult time choosing whom to forward awards.   You are all my favorites.

********

I have many reasons for selecting and following a blog.  I want to be enlightened, taught and entertained.  I enjoy beauty, creativity  and an ongoing conversation.  I admire strength and commitment.  I look for words that will make me a better me.  I don't ask for much, do I?

Here is only a sampling of those answering my call.

1.  Gretchan at The Jennings Boys.  She is the one responsible for making me believe I had something worth saying.  She was my first follower.  She journals for her boys, and I adore keeping up with this sweet and committed family.
2.  Lana at Life at Wild Berry Cottage.  She delights my heart.  She takes and shares her joy in the simple pleasures in living.  I am almost certain she always has a smile on her face.
3. Faisal at Gardener in the Distance.  He introduces me to fascinating people, extraordinary places and things I have never seen before.  He also writes thought provoking poetry.
4.  Helen at Helen Tilston Painter.  Helen and I only recently became acquainted.  Her paintings are a feast for the eyes.  I look forward to spending more time with her.
5.  My last selection is for Charlotte at Nightbook.   Charlotte and I were in high school together.  I was a year or two ahead of her and I suppose we ran in different circles.  We became reacquainted a few years ago on another site, and found each other's blogs shortly thereafter.  She is an accomplished author and a professor.  She has not posted in several months and I miss her posts.  She always gives me something to think about.  I hope she returns soon.

 Well there you are.  There are so many more to mention.  Please check out my blogroll.

Jill...thank you!  You are a strong woman; I admire and applaud your choosing to adopt two special needs children and your commitment to raising them as strong and capable young adults.

Rosemary...thank you!  I feel as if we are kindred spirits.  If a cottage becomes available near you, please let me know.  I can be packed within the week.  I would love to be your neighbor.  We most certainly need a nice long visit.

******
Blogger Business

A few have emailed me they are unable to comment on my posts.  I've been told it is the new reply threads.  I have reported it and have fiddled a bit with my settings.  Please do not stop trying.  I love hearing from you.  Your words and encouragement are important to me; you lift me up.  Thank you!  Bonnie








8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Bonnie. Your posts are always beautifully written and a joy to read.
    Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie and Arleen, Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bonnie

    How kind of you to pay more interest in giving than in receiving.

    You have paid me such a high honour. I thank you sincerely and from the bottom of my heart.

    It is with great joy that I accept this award and I am looking forward to visiting your awardees.

    Thank you again for your delightful comments on my blog.

    Looking forward to continued friendship.

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo girl, stand up...take a bow and enjoy the wonderful well deserved award.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    God bless your week sweetie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Miss Bonnie! I am glad you enjoy blogging. My documenting is decent but your writting is uncompairable. I'm always entertained by your stories. Love the Stranger in Lund. Gave me chills. Live Out Loud was pretty special too. See you soon.

    Gretchan

    ReplyDelete