Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Events to Come




The bluebirds have bid farewell and headed further south perhaps.  My turtles have disappeared.  I suppose they are already snug underground.  The holly bushes are turning red with bright berries to carry the cardinals through the season.  The oaks and hickorys are beginning to shed their clothes,  from either lack of rain or the crisp autumn temperatures, giving the squirrels building material for nests and covering the earth for winter's nap. 

Here in the south this is the time of year when we pull up all those impatiens (if they survived the heat) we planted in the spring and replace them with pansies and winter hardy annuals.  This past weekend I picked up six flats of pansies.   I managed to get two and a half  flats put in the ground that afternoon while trimming back and cleaning out the beds.  Yesterday, I rushed home and planted three flats.  I will need more, but I feel like I have a good start.


While I do not relocate or hibernate for winter, my calendar has a few things posted I am really excited about.

My daughter is flying in for a quick visit in a couple of weeks.  I can't wait to have some time with her.  It is always much too long between visits.   We are already making plans.  Really, I just want to sit and look at her, talk with her... and maybe take her shopping?  I am counting the minutes.   My son-in-law has some studying he needs to tend to and will not be able to come with her.  He is the best, and we enjoy his company very much.  He will surely be missed. 

Next,  I am planning a trip to Sweden.  My husband was offered the opportunity and he is going to let me tag along.  I am a bit concerned about the weather, but I am doing some research to make sure we have the proper clothing.  If you have any recommendations do not hesitate to share.  I am pretty excited!  I've made arrangements for Willie, my substitute has it on her calendar and the house sitters are scheduled.  I need to start planning what I will be taking with me.

A little bit of excitement happening around here.





20 comments:

  1. Great read but I'm most jealous of the trip to Sweden. That will be SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your can`t wait to have your daughter all to yourself!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bonnie:
    Oh, the anticipation and excitement of it all. Just the things to liven up these darkening days. We are sure that you will have a wonderful time with your daughter and, how marvellous to have the opportunity to travel somewhere new. What tales you will have to tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful post. I am so happy you a nd your daughter will have some time together. Add a trip to Sweden and you are all set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot to look forward to! We were in Stockholm this summer, and I'd recommend the Vasa museum and the Changing of the Guard. Even just walking around the Old town was fantastic. So many beautiful buildings. And I loved the Swedish meatballs served with lingonberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful plans you have, especially having the one on one time with your daughter. One of my daughters lives on the other side of the country but she always comes with her wonderful family during the holidays. However, there is never enough time for just her and me. I truly miss that.

    Your trip to Sweden with your hubby sounds like a wonderful adventure.

    I put my pansies in a month ago and like pansies do, they weathered the snow, wind and ice. I love their beautiful little faces; they always pick up my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate about those "few and far between" visits with our children. I know it will be special whatever you do.

    Ah, Sweden. What a lovely opportunity.

    And, speaking of lovely, those pansies will certainly provide you with great pleasure.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue... You can be assured we will have the very best time. She has already request a "Daddy" cooked steak. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill... Thank you! I am feeling quite blessed! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beth...I am not for sure we will be in Stockholm. We will spend a couple of days in Denmark and will travel by train into southern Sweden. I know so little about the area. I am trying to do a little research. Thanks so much! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arleen.. Pansies do always seem to have a sweet smile on their faces. We will have the best time with out daughter. We talk daily, but face to face will be wonderful. Thank you! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie... I am counting the minutes until I get a little time with my daughter. We always have so much fun. Sweden is pretty exciting! I have been researching the food. I don't know if I am as adventurous as I think I may be. We will see! Thank you! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooohhhh lot's of excitement here and lot's to look forward to!!

    i forgot to buy/plant my pansies and my "bulbs" are still in the bags. i better get busy or start buttering up the hubs, times-a-wastin!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo, a lot of excitement happening at your house, Bonnie! Enjoy your time with your daughter & have fun getting ready for your trip - how wonderful!!!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie...how exciting to have your daughter visit and to be planning a trip to Sweden. I have never been but am a big fan of 'tagging along'. Take every opportunity...I say:)

    Best wishes Bonnie for a lovely weekend.

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lot of Pansies. I plant them in containers here, it's nice to have some color over the winter.
    Sounds like do have lots of exciting things coming up. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! A trip to Sweden...lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you have great things coming up. Enjoy the time with your daughter and have a blast in Sweden and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweden sounds wonderful! I can't help with what to wear but there is a site online called "Slow Travel" that you might check out, even though you may not be travelin' slow as they are. I guess you could always buy stuff there if you needed something. I'm looking forward to the posts! Hope you have a great time with your daughter visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Catherine...It looks like a lot more pansies that it actually is. I am a little overwhelmed with the future events.

    Suzy...I am feeling quite lucky.

    Heidi...I am counting the minutes till I see my daughter next weekend. You can be assured I will take pictures in Sweden and share them here.

    Lana...Thank you for the link. I am going to check it out. You are right. I am sure I can purchase anything I might need if I leave anything at home. I will be checking out "Slow Travel".

    ReplyDelete