Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Storm Has Passed


When you see the storm a comin'
See the lightening part the skies
It's too late to run
There's terror in your eyes
What you do then is remember
This old thing you hear me say
It's the storm, not you
That's bound to blow away
(lyrics " Hold On", The Secret Garden)



Stepping outside this morning I knew immediately there was a good chance it would be a stormy day.  The air was heavy and a light mist was falling.  The final clue was my very own barometer...my hair.  After spending my usually 30 minutes blowing it straight, it took minutes to turn it into a curly mess.  

The storm has passed, and we are, gratefully, no worse with its passing. 

Cooler temperatures and a little sun for a couple of days then we start it all over again.  It is just that time of year in the south.


5 comments:

  1. We have snow due to start about now and give us 4 to 8 inches by morning. It's this time of year that I miss the south!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I remember with such fondness your "curly mess" of hair. It's beautiful, so luxurious and free. Don't try to corral it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I know you are ready for spring.

    Charlotte, thank you. This time of year I pretty much have to let my hair do whatever it wants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could get curls that easily!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was like 80 degrees in Louisiana! And I come home to THIS... my teeth are chattering right now.

    ReplyDelete