Monday, February 14, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over


In case you missed it today is Valentine's Day.  I'm not for sure how I really feel about this holiday.  

My sweetheart and I don't do a lot.  We trade valentines; usually some Godiva is included (this year flowers and champagne appeared).  Early morning I slipped downstairs to set out his card and a chocolate heart, but he was faster than I.   Where I normally lay out surprises was a little red gift bag and a valentine.  We opened our treats, said our Happy Valentine's and headed our separate ways.  

In a few hours February 14, 2011 will slip away.  Dinner will be over. Chocolates will be put away in the pantry for a special treat.    Flowers will be enjoyed a few more days.  

Tomorrow morning Roger will head his way, and I will rush out to school.  There will be "I love yous".  I will say "have a great day".  He will say "be careful out there". 

It will not be Valentine's Day, but Roger  will be with me, because on a random day many years ago he gave me this small bracelet..


inscribed,  "protect this woman".


No matter where Roger happens to travel  all I need to do is  touch this small ring of silver holding a few stones and a simple sentiment to know I am blessed with love.

I hope your Valentine's Day was all you wanted it to be.

3 comments:

  1. The day does come and go but those three little words will carry you forever...I love that.
    Sounds like you don't need the cards and the chocolate...you have all that you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why (because it's so stinkin sweet!!) but this post made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah thank you for your sweet comment. You know, I do have everything I need. I truly do have one of the really good guys.

    Vera. I am so sorry I made you cry. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete