Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss



A Prayer For a Child

From here on earth
From my small place
I ask of You
Way out in space
Please tell all men
In every land
What You and I
Both understand.

Please tell all men
That Peace is Good
That's all
That need be understood
In every world
In Your great sky.

(We understand
Both You and I.)

                                    Dr. Seuss

I hope you have something "seussical" planned for today.  
It is the perfect day for a plate "green eggs and ham".




6 comments:

  1. Bonnie,

    I love this post!

    Have a great day!!!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Dr. Seuss! I don't recall hearing the prayer before and it is wonderful! Thank you, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, That prayer for a child is new to me too. Thanks for finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That prayer is new to me and I love it. Dr. Seuss was our neighbor when we lived in La Jolla. In the three years we lived there, we never met him. His wife would have him sign books for our local bookstore and we are fortunate to have many autographed copies. He was a wonder!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss reading Dr. Seuss with my kids! :)
    Always fun. Hope your weekend is joyful!!!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete