Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby Boy

In February I showed you a project I was working on while off enjoying a snow day.   I couldn't go into much detail;  I didn't want to spoil the surprise.  I never know who is lurking around my blog.



Be honest, I bet you knew all along it was a baby blanket.


This was so much fun to knit because I didn't know if I was knitting for a boy or a girl.  I love to think about the baby and the family while I am knitting.  Sometimes I would imagine a little girl dressed in pink all wrapped up in the blanket.  Other times I would think of a little boy napping on the blanket holding a favorite "lovey".

The wait is over.  A precious baby boy was born Wednesday.  All that was left for me to do was to gently lay the blanket in a box.


Wrap it in the perfect paper and ribbon fit for a Prince



and deliver it to my dear friend.

Welcome to the world precious baby boy.  May you always sleep peacefully  and have sweet dreams.   With Love!

(I can't tell you how much enjoyment I receive from this.)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful--a work of love is always a joy to behold. Welcome to the new baby boy.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful bonnie!!

    homemade gifts are always best, where do you find the time?!?!

    hope your having a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made with love...I think he'll feel it as it wraps him. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete