Thursday, May 26, 2011

Neglectful!


I've been busy and neglectful.   I have been hiding in my work room (I would love to call it a studio, but, I don't know, that seems a little bit like I am elevating it a little higher  than it really is.)  buried under glitter, glue, photographs and construction paper putting together memory books for my children.  They are now bound, tied up with ribbons and hiding in my cabinets at school (the books, not the children) waiting to be handed out to parents tomorrow morning (our last day).  The books are a lot of work, but it is the last thing I do for my children and their parents.  So, I suppose what I am saying is, at the end of the day, it is a project of which I am quite proud.

I have neglected my writing the last two weeks.  I have checked in on everyone and occasionally left a comment or two, but not as often as I should have, or would have liked.  I follow some really fabulous blogs; I look forward to catching up each evening when everything is settling down.  I have a lot of "catching up" up to do.

Last night after proofing the last book, tying it up with aqua and royal blue curling ribbon and attaching my special "bluebird" tag, I opened  my laptop to catch-up on some emails.  Waiting at the top of my queue was a letter of congratulations for receiving a Versatile  Blogger Award.  Debbie at It's all about Purple! honored me with the award.   This is what she wrote about me, "She is a lover of words with a very versitle blog. She is also a very kind soul!!!!"  I am humbled!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg6PUkJNBj2YUPKz7PoINh3ZWrPyDh5tLtCfaD00IK8gWkJdgFo3xcl8ouWTsDh6dYm5ISagogoUWwB124o0Xd_VudowzGgcHrnLol1mFRH8CtFvkaNI0Ympi0BKcmq4obhVsBrrDwf5QrH/s1600/versatile+blogger+award.jpg

I am not for sure I know how the awards work.  I think I am suppose to tell you a few things about myself you might not have learned from previous posts.  I believe I am also suppose to pass it on to one or more bloggers of my choosing.  If I need to know more, someone please let me know. 

 While I think about what information I will share (I have been pretty open) and of who to share this with, I hope you will visit Debbie.  I will not tell you her story.  It is hers to tell.  I will say she is a woman of great strength, courage and spirit (and she loves to have a good adventure).  Thank you Debbie!  I am truly flattered!

2 comments:

  1. sometimes i just get so excited......

    MY post looks more like a "novel" then a post but your right....i neglected to say that as i pass this to you you are suppose to tell your followers 7 things they may not know about you. i did 10 because i always have soooo much to say.

    you are also suppose to "pay it forward" to 4 deserving bloggers/followers.

    bonnie....i love your blog, it's always such a good read. i know you are super busy, do what you can and don't worry about the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I too seem to always be writing essays. My muse is a wordy gal when she shows up. You were not neglectful in the least. Have a fabulous Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete