Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


I hope everyone is having a wonderful Mother's Day!

I have to admit I am never comfortable being on the "celebrated" side of a day.  I am much more at ease doing the planning and searching for the perfect gift.  My Mother passed away twenty years ago and my Mother-in-law passed away last year;  I am now the oldest mother.  This has been the hardest concept to wrap my mind around.

My daughter surprised me this morning with a skype call.  We talked and had coffee together.  It was a very special morning and one of the best Mother's Day ever!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a happy day! The conversation I had with my son today was the best gift I could have ever gotten...
    I love that you had coffee together over the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy mothers day...just a few days late. i know what you mean....i like to spread the joy, not be the center of attention. thank you so much for your kind words, i was not sure how to approach my illness in my blog, as i would like my blog to be a happy one. my life is lovely and i want everyone to feel that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wondering how the yard is coming?? any progress or new photo's??

    ReplyDelete