Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Best Guacamole' in the World

Thanks to everyone who has emailed asking for this recipe.


  
Many years ago having a few avocados and tomatoes needing to be used my guacamole' was created.   I am not a fan of creamy guacamole'.   I love sour cream... mayonnaise, but I don't want either in my guacamole'.   I want it chunky and full of flavor.   This is so simple and tasty, I promise.


The Best Guacamole'

3 to 4 avocados, (depending on size) chopped
1 to 2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
(a purple onion adds nice color, but I use whatever is on hand)
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
A handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Juice of a lime or 1/2 of a lemon

Throw everything in a bowl.  
Gently toss.  You want to mix it, but not mash it.
I often use my hands.
Squeeze lime juice to coat ingredients.

I hope this does not disappoint anyone who emailed asking for this recipe.
 Calling it the "best" is actually a joke between my daughter and I.  I don't really remember how it began; I may have said something about receiving a few accolades.
It is all in good fun and continues to make both of us giggle.  

And, yes, I think my pizzas rock as well.


Bon Appetite!

I hope your week is going well!


9 comments:

  1. I love that you love everything you do. I love guacamole, now don't laugh...my recipe is almost identical but without the jalapeño!!

    The pizza looks amazing!! And I could get use to this, seeing you more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try "your best!"
    I think it will be like mine . . . except for the jalapeño . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bonnie. I also look forward to seeing you more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, you are so kind. I hope to return on a more regular basis. As you well know, it is all about time. I hope you are having a wonderful week.

      Delete
  4. That guac recipe is perfect. My daughter is lactose intolerant so this is perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. I like that you didn't add mayo or sour cream. Must try this recipe. Thanks.
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your recipe. Guacamole and chips is one of my favorite snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guacamole is very similar to mine which is actually a Barefoot Contessa recipe. Your pizza looks amazing!!! You are making me so hungry today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds excellent. Will have to try this. I am sure it is delicious.

    ReplyDelete