Monday, February 15, 2016

Stay on Task


We were out of school today.  It was most definitely a welcomed day of rest.  Last week was a roller coaster ride.  We partied and paraded for Mardi Gras, took a day for reflection on Ash Wednesday, and exchanged Valentine's Friday.  Wow, there was lots of glitter swirling around in my room as we prepared for each event.   Today was a welcomed treat.

If we had received a bit of snow I might have been inclined to settle in with a book.  I have several I have been reading.


But, there were things needing to be accomplished.  
So, I took out my pad and made my "to do" list.
Do you make a daily list of things you want to do? 

I tend to get a little distracted, if I don't have a list to tic off my finished projects.   I've seen several different methods of keeping track of projects and other information on Pinterest; they are fabulous.  I have found keeping a simple little notebook near is easiest for me.  


My daughter gave me a package of these little notebooks for Christmas a couple of years ago.   This pad is always in my purse or book bag.   I use it for everything, my to do list, grocery list, measurements for a project, and on and on.   I was once notorious for keeping little snippets of paper with notes, and they always seemed to disappear into the abyss.   Keeping one notebook is easy and keeps me on track.

How do you stay the course when there is a list of tasks to complete?

Almost everything on my list is checked off.
It's time to relax.

I hope your week is off to a good start!
Hugs!


   

6 comments:

  1. I keep a list, seems I add more than I cross off. I write everything down the old fashioned way, chuck uses his iPad and ICalender for everything, I just can't break away from pad and pen!!

    Your tulips are so pretty, I have looking for purple ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my lists and notes in my iPad along with the calendar.
    But still have little notes that pop up here and there as well.
    I started recognizing birthdays several years ago and my list keeps growing.
    So I do a three month list that I keep visible for sending cards, flowers, gifts or things.
    Very helpful . . .
    I used to keep a notebook like you have . . .
    My husband writes a daily "to do" list . . .
    I have been wrapped up in "winter reading" of late!
    One right after another . . .
    Started reading Brooklyn tonight . . .
    Art project tomorrow . . .
    Enjoy a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my husband retired, I find that I am not on point and get less done. I always had tasks, plans, and lists, but now, with another person around, it is hard to have a schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one who read several books at a time. Nice to have company, Bonnie.
    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bonnie,

    Your stash of books looks interesting and tempting. I agree with you on keeping lists. I keep a day timer and also make notes on my iPhone. Hope you have a beautiful weekend.
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie I have a daily planner and it travels everywhere with me. I am sure I would find it difficult to function without it.:)! Glad you had a day off. Hope you did get some reading in as well.

    ReplyDelete