Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday Book Talk - Interrupted

I am interrupting my  Wednesday book report to share my morning surprise.  Now, I hear the collective sigh of disappointment, but this is so much better, promise.
 Did I mention in my last post it was my sense of humor which attracted my husband?  

This morning a mystery box was delivered and left by my front door.  Roger, returning from an early morning meeting brought it in and left it in the entry.   I first thought it was something I had ordered last week, but after a quick inspection I began thinking this was something special.



The hint was the address label which read Bonnie, no last name.
Reading the return label I smiled, suspecting this was a 
"special delivery" from Elizabeth at Pinecones and Acorns.


Upon opening I found it loaded with books and a lovely note. 


Hidden among the books were a few of my favorite chocolate bars. 
 If you follow Elizabeth you know she has a passion for chocolate, 
and shares her love and creations on her blog, Once Upon a Chocolate Life,
devoted to the goodness of chocolate.  Chocolate
makes everything good.


And, there was more,
a box of notecards with charming illustrations
 of Parisian street scenes.
 A handwritten note is one of my favorite things.


And then there were the books,


and books,


oh so many books that she has enjoyed and is
so generously is passing along.


Elizabeth, thank you for my wonderful morning treat, and
for sharing a few of your passions.  This was the best!


The book I had planned on sharing today was in fact one I found in a post at 
Pinecones and Acorns.  It can wait.....


I don't think much is going to get accomplished here today,
I have a box of books to go through.


I do hope you will visit Elizabeth at Pinecones and Acorns.
She always has something wonderful to share.

Happy Reading!
(you know where to find me)

17 comments:

  1. What a treat the books will be and the chocolate . . . enjoy the nibbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! How wonderful!!

    I read this in one of Jan Karon's book
    I always think about it when I go to the mailbox

    "Ah but she liked mail. Always had. One never knew what might turn up in the mail. It was like the lottery in which one could hit the jackpot at any moment."

    Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, you are so sweet to mention my chocolate blog and Pine Cones and Acorns. Reading, chocolate, travel...Paris in particular, art and life are indeed a few of my favorite things. I am happy the books arrived safe...I have very eclectic taste in books so you will find a little of everything.

    Have a great night!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said the magic word - CHOCOLATE. I have just joined Elizabeth's site. I think many calories will follow.
    What a wonderful surprise and a wonderful day you must have had. It sounds like Bonnie Heaven. Enjoy,enjoy, but put the books down when eating the chocolate. It is summer and everything melts quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful gift. Do give us a run down on the titles when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going right over to meet Elizabeth. I already like her! What a treat you have in store. Brew some iced tea, put your feet up and ask Roger to pick up take out!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is such a sweet, kind thing to do and you are such a deserving person! I will be checking her out. Chocolate and books...heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, my . . . what a treat! Needless to say, but I will say it anyway, Enjoy, Bonnie, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bonnie - what a lovely prize...I wouldn't get anything more done either. Now I am going to visit that friend Elizabeth at Pine Cones and Acorns. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks as if you have enough books to keep you going for most of the summer! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Bonnie and Elizabeth was so kind as to pass her reading along:).. and some chocolate! There is so many wonderful things happening and friendships to be made within the blogging community! Enjoy your box of books and we will look forward to hearing about your favorites:) xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful box of goodies, I know you will enjoy!! How very sweet, I will pay her a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful surprise! How can you not LOVE someone who sends you books AND chocolate! Elizabeth is obviously a dear. I will be visiting her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredibly thoughtful and generous gift. When someone knows you well enough to not only give you something you want (great books) and something you need (Vitamin C-hocolate!) - that's a True Friend. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Bonnie
    What a delightful surprise from beautiful Elizabeth at Pine Cones. I love her blog and the joy she bring to the blog world.

    Enjoy your reading and stop for a chocolate once in a while

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful gift! You've got some great reading ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, a gift like that is like falling into heaven, if we imagined what heaven was like :)

    ReplyDelete