Sunday, July 7, 2013

Finding the Rhythm

Do you enjoy a good fireworks display?


It is one of my favorite things to do to celebrate America's Independence Day.
I enjoy arriving early, staking out my territory and settling in for a bit of people watching.


As the skies darken I am like a young child anxiously awaiting the first big explosion.


It occurred to me as I was photographing the fireworks, capturing the perfect
image is a lot like living ones life.  

There is a rhythm one needs to get it right.  
Sometimes you try too hard
and end up shooting to early.


Sometimes, you wait to long,
and catch only the remnants of what might have been.


Sometimes you spend so much time on perfection
you miss the enjoyment of the show.


Every so often the camera has to come down, 


perfection forgotten


and just find the awe of the moment
before it fades away.

12 comments:

  1. That's a great observation! And your fireworks photographs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the analogy of life that is implied. I didn't see fireworks in the sky, but Mr. H and I enjoyed our own fireworks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect words, thoughts, . . . combined with firework visual . . . just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I was thinking just that as I watched a friend of mine take picture after picture at our fireworks show the other night. She was trying so hard to get it right that she missed the whole show. Glad you put the camera down from time to time to just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your philosophy but don't enjoy fireworks unless I am far enough away to not hear the booms!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures! I can never photograph fireworks, they just don't come out OK for me.
    Of course we didn't have fireworks here as we don't celebrate 4 July in England :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful observations and beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. Fireworks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful analogy bonnie!! we watched from our backyard this year, we were able to see the displays of three towns at the same time!! i didn't take pictures, i just watched and enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shots. I have never been successful at taking picture of lights in the sky.

    As usual, you words and observations are inspiring, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, your post almost brought me to tears, at least a lump in my throat. My girls and two of my grand’s left on Sunday last after an interval of four years. We had all your described on the fourth and now I’m left with the magic moments of memory. Thank you, my friend, for putting into words what I was unable to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie, this is a beautiful post. Your words are insightful and ring true to my ears. In fact I had a moment of clarity like this last summer after a health scare and I often find myself "putting" down the camera as you say and savoring every moment.

    Thank for sharing your beautiful words and fireworks.

    ReplyDelete