Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday in the Garden

Look who is back, hiding among the strawberry begonias.


You can still see just a bit of the pink she has carried with her through the years she has called my garden her home.   I don't know if I will recognize her once the nail polish,
a child innocently painted on her back,
fades completely.  I can't say I will be disappointed;
it's never good for an animal's natural camouflage to be altered.
This year we will still know when "Pink" is strolling through the garden.

With temps reaching into the eighties, it was a good day to show up in the garden. 
Let's walk and look for other surprises.


The first columbine


and iris.


The baptisia, and


malva are making a show.


The roses are in full bloom.


And, the meyer lemon is preparing to give birth to this seasons
lemons.  The aroma alone is worth having this plant in the garden. 


Oh, I can't tell you how long I've waited for the lily of the valley
to bloom.  Each year the foliage appears,
but the little bells have been elusive.
I am smiling!


The garden is full of new life.

 Rain and cool temps are expected to return midweek
encouraging more blooms beyond the garden gate.

I hope your week is starting out amazing!

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful . . . filled with birth, hope and promise . . .
    Thank you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you're so far ahead of us, i have the columbine and the lily of the valley, but my baptisia is just leasing me with shoots.

    Your garden looks lovely.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have enjoyed my walk with Pink through your garden. There is nothing like the flowers of spring to make the heart dance with hope and enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! your garden is lovely Bonnie...I'm still waiting patiently. Although I do have a few blooms, it's supposed to snow on Thurs. I love all the new life of spring...it brings such fresh hope. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am smiling also!! your beautiful garden, waking up. everthing looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like it when creatures make their home in my garden. It is like a seal of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning! Before I forget, the last photo on my post today is a Martha Washington geranium. It is so beautiful! I had never seen one before but I am happy I did.

    I love all of your flowers and that little turtle too! I have not seen any of them in the garden this year.

    Have a great day!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, your garden is lovely! Isn't this a wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely garden stroll. You choices for flowers are perfect. I am still waiting for warmer weather..I hear it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its lovely to read that you are already enjoying such great temperatures. It's been cold here in the U.K.. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. 80 degrees! How wonderful. We only get there in summer, rarely in spring. Love that sweet columbine. Isn't it fun to watch everything springing to life once again?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely... sigh! ... we are still getting freezing temperatures at night, today by noon it only reached zero! ...and we still have lots of snow! I am in envy! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lily of the Valley, Bonnie, one of the most beautiful, sweet flowers. I feel for you, waiting for the season to change. It's a miracle, this thing called life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love seeing glimpses of your garden, and of Pink, of course! We have also had some beautiful spring weather, encouraging things to bloom in this part of the world as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Bonnie - you are about a month ahead of us here in Ohio...your flowers are so beautiful - making me excited for what is coming. Have a lovely garden day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 80 degrees - no wonder everything is blooming! Sunshine is here in Blighty, at last, and I'm busy in the garden doing catch up, but covering plants under cloches before nightfall when we are threatened by frost. Dear little turtle looks not too pink!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lily of the Valley and 80 degrees, I can almost smell the perfume from here! I'm busy in my garden catching up on the planting that has been delayed by such cold weather. Still a threat of frost each evening so all my cloches are in action. But the sun is shining in the day time and it is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, everything is so beautiful in your garden, Bonnie! The baptisia is new to me!
    Gorgeous ~ ♥
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete