Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Back into the Closet


I don't know about you, but I walk into my closet each morning and stand looking around wondering what to wear.  I usually can be heard whimpering  and whining ever so slightly.
This is where I should post a picture of my ultra organized closet...
                                                                                                 it's not going to happen.

I wish I were brave enough to show you my closet, but I am not.
At present, no exaggeration, it looks like a tornado roared through.
There are still sweaters folded on the shelf waiting to switch places with summer tops.
But, look the t-shirts have been unpacked and stacked on top of the turtlenecks;
sandals are co-mingling with boots.  I'm embarrassed to reveal I sometimes leave with
more than one jacket option thrown on the back seat and a pair of socks tucked deep in my school bag.

Just when we think spring is ready to solo, 
winter decides to surprise us with an encore.

This morning I stood in the middle of my closet weighing the reported cooler temperatures and the warm afternoons we have had the last couple of days.   History won.   

Confident it would warm up by playground time, I was soon following Wille downstairs wearing a  dress with long sleeves which can be rolled up and a pair of flats.  It only took a few moments outside to realize I needed to head back into the closet.

With temperatures barely reaching sixty degrees this afternoon,
I suppose its not so terribly awful I still have sweaters on the shelf.
Though I think I may need a larger closet.
  

Please don't hate me.
Honestly, I am enjoying our cool spells.
I know our southern heat and humidity
will soon be here to stay.


We are tucked in for one more cold night.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are being threaten with flooding.
Stay safe dear friends.





19 comments:

  1. My winter and summer wardrobes are also co-mingling. When I think to put the turtlenecks away, the temperature drops. My southern sisters are coming for our annual spring visit next week. I've suggested they bring layers of clothing.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie I hope you have a wonderful time with your sisters. I always enjoy your post after your time together. Be safe!

      Delete
  2. Same here. Yesterday was warm for most of the day and then got cooler. The winds woke me up last night and today it will barely be 60. I am ready for spring and colorful clothing, but I am still putting on my winter black.

    I don't think anyone would be brave enough to post a picture of their closet. It would be akin to telling one's weight on a Monday morning after a weekend of binge eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I shall not be posting my weight on any given day. I do see the correlation, and I shall leave both to the imagination:)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you and the concern for flooding - just seems there's no perfect weather or perfect place to live, or is there? Perhaps someone can tell us of a place!

    Lovely mourning dove pics, and that just has to be a wren tucking in. Seems we're all chilly still at night but the days require a shot of a/c by late afternoon.

    Closets, oh don't even go there! Mine is a disaster - actually I have two in different rooms but that still doesn't help organization. Like you I'm in the changeover period - however just happened to read an article stating that we should have a year round closet (with lots of layering options I suppose) and never have to store out of season clothing - which is such a pain. I'm going to start working on that because I'm tired of dragging those plastic boxes in and out of storage - a sure sign of too much clothing!

    Good luck with yours Bonnie - as for me, I'm in the throes of packing for a quick weekend trip, but then I'm off on another expedition so must drag out the duffels and start on that monster packing chore!

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, How wonderful, another expedition. I can't wait to hear where you will be headed next. You are alway off on the most wonderful adventures.

      You have just validated my point....I need a bigger closet. (she states giggling) I suppose I will tackle the closet exchange this weekend, unless I hear more cold air on the way.

      Be safe the weekend!

      Delete
  4. Ah, Bonnie, your storage sounds just like mine! And it's jumpers over shirts over vests weather here still, although I'm smiling because, although it is cold, we have had some sunshine and I've been able to get into the garden to attempt a bit of catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, I believe we are slowly warming. Today we were able to shed our coats while out on the playground. This may have been our last cold snap. We will see. Always good to hear from you. Bonnie

      Delete
  5. Co-mingling is happening for me as well . . . Yesterday a luncheon event, a dinner banquet event . . . andi went from springy to winter in just a few hours, and then over night it felt like an even deeper frigid had arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have days like that too!
    And I'm confident that soon it will be reliably warm, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been cleaning closets, to occupy myself during this cooler weather!! Now, I ask myself why??? Don't do it, its no fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debbie....it is not fun! But I will need to tackle it soon I am afraid.

      Delete
  8. Oh, love the picture of the bird! So sweet... er, t-shirts?? ... we just had 7 inches of snow, I don't think I'll be pulling out the t-shirts just then... glad to know I am in good company! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, Isn't she sweet? She didn't move even when I approached. I was afraid she was injured, but I think she was cold and waiting for the sun to appear from behind a cloud.

      Delete
  9. You made me laugh at the idea of your closet looking as though a tornado roared through. I think we all have the same dilemma getting ready in the morning. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree that this time of year can be a nightmare... One day it's T-shirts then the next it's a woolly jumper again. I get caught out because it can be four or five degrees warmer or colder over my commute. I live on a sheltered south-facing hillside and work on an exposed north-orientated heath! Grr. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, being a man who's fairly particular about how he looks, I yet kind of like it when I can't find anything right and I just have to chuck on whatever comes to hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie, this post made me laugh. I do have a very big closet, the size of a small bedroom, and sadly it is packed to the gills and I still never have anything to wear. Thankfully I work from home so that is not a problem most days.

    I have to get rid of my stuff...I feel sometimes as if it is weighing me down.

    Have a geat day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew, just cleaned out my Pinterest closets, Bonnie. I’m bushed! Happy May Day

    ReplyDelete