Saturday, January 5, 2013

Baby Needed His Sweater


Oh, I thought it would be a piece of cake.  Yes I would be knitting with yarn in both hands, but once I found  a rhythm it was smooth sailing.

Well....until I began the sleeves.   It was necessary at this point to write out my own pattern and to keep accurate account of exactly the stitch and row I had finished.  This is totally against my "fly by the seat of my pants" mentality.

As temperatures returned to the 70s in October and November I returned the sweater to the knitting basket and quickly forgot about it.  

When friends began telling me we were going to have six inches of snow on Christmas day, I knew even if it did snow the warm autumn temps would prevent it from sticking.  It would make for a pretty Christmas Day though.

Once again I was....WRONG....  little did I know the snow would be preceded by an inch of ice.


By midnight we had ten inches of snow, ice and no power.
It was beautiful, yes, but...


the jester needed his sweater.


Packing for Seaside I picked up the yarn and needles and tucked them in
with my stack of books.


After the ten hour ride home, baby has his sweater.
And,


isn't he a handsome boy?

Waldi is ready to cheer on his Ole' Miss team tonight!

Hotty Toddy!

13 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Stay warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking. I just decided today I would knit sweaters foe my dogs. The store bought ones are awful. This is so funny...I just posted a picture of Lucy is hers.
    I also read the House of Mirth over the holidays. Small world.
    Waldo looks adorable. Can you share the pattern? Is it on Ravelry?
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously he's Waldi not Waldo and Lucy is "in" hers. Gotta love that spellcheck. Pattern? It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oliver is jealous! Since his mistress doesn't know how to knit (well, she knows how but doesn't) he sports a squall jacket from LL Bean. Waldo looks ready for a new blast of winter.
    Hope his team does him proud.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember Waldi?? But Waldi is adorable in his beautiful new sweater. I remember a cute white and black scrappy guy, his name escapes me. Thank you for your kind comment today, my patience is being tested but I usually win with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Bonnie

    Well done, beautiful work. I love it. A cool dog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sweater! My first niece is a Hotty Totty graduate, too. Incorrigible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable . . . fine job on the sweater and he looks like a smashing Hotty Toddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not hear of snow in the south on Christmas. We had about half an inch on Christmas Eve in SE PA and it was lovely. Five days later we had about 4 inches of the white stuff and it was so beautiful, and great for my visiting CA grandchildren to play in. Better yet, it all disappeared in 48 hours.

    Puppy looks so handsome in his lovely, warm sweater. He/she appears quite comfortable and snazzy all decked out for the winter ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well.well..well...isn't Waldi a sight! Bonnie, I am most impressed, well done you! I was happy to see Language of Flowers in your stash. I just grabbed a pin for that book..it may have been yours. Thank you for the endorsement!
    Best wishes..
    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's stunning! I should make one for Ben :)

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! It looks perfect on him too. I'm impressed--that's one thing I've never felt I could do or do well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's gorgeous in his new sweater! You did a fantastic job! I see Edith Wharton in your stack of books for Seaside. I've not read any of her, but she's on my list. How was it?

    ReplyDelete