Sunday, September 23, 2012

Welcome Autumn

I have been holding my breath in anticipation of the first day of Autumn.   It is the day I can turn, with a smile,  and wave goodbye to summer.   The temperatures will continue to rise in the afternoons, but her fingers are slowly beginning to lose her grip as  morning awakens cool and crisp. 


Eager to welcome a new season I began gathering  the beginnings for  season's transition.


I trimmed the last of the fading hydrangea,


found a seed pod or two,


a few miniature cobs of indian corn and bit of bittersweet.
Unpacked a few things preserved from previous years.

    
Filled the basket hanging on the door.

Welcome dear Autumn.
I hope you stay awhile.

How did you welcome the first weekend of Autumn?

*****

A little blogging business....

Last of summer roses
It has come to my attention my email followers have been deleted.
I'm not for sure what happen or why.  I appreciate each and everyone who follows me either here or through email.    If you so desire I hope you will reenter your email address.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

19 comments:

  1. Hello Bonnie:
    Such wonderful treasures you have gleaned from your garden and how splendid to have combined them in this way to make such a welcoming Autumn arrangement. We are certain that it will give immediate cheer to anyone arriving at your hall door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane and Lance, One of my favorite things about autumn is everything can be used especially things no longer holding on to the bright hues of summer. I love foraging this time of year.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful photos! I love autumn too - it's truly a beautiful season. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words and photos are lovely! I love your seedpods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to ride my bike past a wood on the way into town for school. In autumn the colours were breathtaking. I remember longing to spend the day in the woods instead of in the classroom. Here on the northern prairies autumn lasts two weeks at most. It seems the leaves fall in an instant and the branches are bare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, We have neither a long autumn or winter. Spring is just a breath longer. Enjoy you autumn.

      Delete
  5. I did pretty much the same as you. Cleaning up and making room for the new season makes me feel good, even though it is earlier than usual. The nights have become cooler than expected. I am so happy to have outdoor heaters so I can enjoy it all.

    Everything is so lovely in your gardens. I can tell that they are loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleen, We have yet to reach temperatures needing a heater though there has been a slight chill today. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  6. GORGEOUS . . . . love the vibrant colors!
    Pumpkin purchases for us to celebrate the arrival of Autumn Days . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne I had hoped to add a few pumpkin and/or gourds but haven't had the chance. You are right tho' pumpkin purchases are significant.

      Delete
  7. the perfect colors and arrangements for fall.

    we put out pumpkins & mums and enjoyed being outdoors with the cooler temperatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your bakset!
    Fall has been beautiful so far...I love the cool crisp air in the morning. I hope it stays around for awhile.

    Enjoy your week ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I welcome autumn with the most joy of any season. The days become crisp and chilled but the colors are warm and welcoming. In the kitchen, we use more and more spices in baking and cooking. It is almost time for a log or two in the fireplace!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told the other day I bake more during the fall. This is probably true....neither of us really need it tho'.

      Delete
  10. Hi Bonnie,
    Your fall welcome arrangement is really beautiful and your writing is pure poetry.
    Enjoy the season, you deserve a really good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is good to hear from you. I bet your liriope is blooming. I have little purple stalks rising from the middle of all of mine.

      Delete
  11. Oh what a beautiful arrangement! If I had my way, we would have autumn/fall year around. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete