Friday, April 20, 2012

Falling


Sometimes you just have to let yourself fall.

I don't frequently get sick.  I fight with allergies and will occasionally give battle to the common cold, but I seldom get really, go to bed and don't bother me, sick.  I have only had the flu, maybe, four times.  The last being over fifteen years ago.  I do not like anyone knowing I don't feel well.  I do not really like anyone fussing over me.   I do not like missing school.  There is nothing noble about it, it is just the way I am.  I've been told I am a bit stubborn.  Besides, I like being the one making the chicken soup.  

This week I had to throw up my hands, call a substitute, go to the doctor and crawl into bed.  It has not been pretty.  My sweet husband being the generous man he is brought this delightful bug home from Boston.   

I thought I was just tired from not getting any sleep, because someone was coughing and sneezing all night, but by Tuesday evening I was pretty sure I was down for the count.  After a quick visit to the doctor on Wednesday I took a wee spoonful of prescribed medicine and slept until 1:00 p.m. Thursday.   Gold, pure gold!

All is well, I am not quite back to normal, but I will be there soon.  No longer contagious, I did go to school this morning, and picked up a couple of books from the library, they were holding for me, on the way home.  This weekend I am planning on taking it easy and taking care of myself.

Sleeping, reading and that blessed golden elixir.
(or maybe reading, elixir, sleeping?)
I may make myself some chicken soup.

Have a wonderful weekend.  All is well here!










8 comments:

  1. Hello Bonnie:
    We are so sorry to read that you are under the weather. However, your golden elixir sounds just the job to hasten your recovery, well, that and the chicken soup!!!

    Take great care of yourself and get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said, you stubborn Trojan! Sometimes, Bonnie, we're meant to stop, meant to take a back seat, not that you may want to be there for long! I'm sure you'll sail through. That's what I'm hoping. And I've said a little prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another bonnie down? oh dear! books and chicken soup are the best medicines. take care.

    best,
    bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep and soup first!!! I firmly believe soup is the magic cure. Don't you know that getting sick is God's way of saying "slow down."
    That's my motherly advice for you. :)

    Thankfully it's the weekend and a new week will bring a new you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope you get better real fast. Keep taking the medicine and soup. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you are on the mend. Hope the good trend continues over the weekend so you can be back in the classroom Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Bonnie, I do hope you are feeling better soon. Flu is short for "Feeling Like U know what.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They only good thing about being sick is having the time to read. I hope you get to feeling much better soon, Bonnie!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete