Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Life


The sun was out and shining brightly today.  Even though I would really like one nice blanket of snow, I am beginning to feel the itch for spring.  After school I did visit one of my favorite shops to browse.  I couldn't resist the pretty new colors and picked up a few fun things for my spring wardrobe.  I always love the first new things of the season.  It feels like the breath of "new life".

As I sat in the kitchen I noticed the winter honeysuckle blooming.  It is planted on the side of the house, and I don't always notice it when it blooms.


Of course, I grabbed the camera and headed outside.  While following Willie around I found "new life" all around me.




I told you the red camellias were ready to burst open.


The daffodils are a little droopy; I suspect from the little cold spell we had earlier this week.


I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is a bloom on the magnolia.
It will be it's first time to bloom.

Tonight while you are reading this I will be celebrating the expectation of  a "new life". 


I will be joining my school friends in hosting a baby shower for a very special woman.


Can you keep a secret?  
I'll show you what is in the package.








I'm a little partial to "spring babies".
(my baby was born in the spring)

There is "new life" all around me....
                                                             and I am truly blessed.

8 comments:

  1. What lovely flowers you have in your garden - I particularly like the wee lilac coloured flowers they are very pretty.
    I hope you have fun at the baby shower. The cardigan is lovely - did you knit it yourself, if so you are very good at it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby sweater is precious! I'm amazed at your knitting skills. How long does it take to make a sweater like that?
    Is the winter honey suckle very fragrant? Does it grow on a big shrub with long skinny limbs? It kinda looks like "Kiss Me at the Gate." I don't know it's other name. I like that one just fine. ;)
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty flowers! Not even near time to think of anything blooming here.

    That sweater is adorable! That will be one lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how lucky you are to have spring so early. I am jealous!

    Love the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks great and I love the little sweater. Have fun at the shower!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Bonnie, that is definitely a bud on your magnolia ... what color? I think you are south of me, so it will probably be fine. My young tree lost both blooms last spring to a late cold snap, but has at least a dozen coming this year, so am hopeful that at least one will make it. Keep us posted.

    Like your new "top" photo, too. Spring is definitely coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arleen... I believe we actually skipped winter. I know everyone is tired of my whimpering and whining! Have a terrific weekend.

    Webb... I believe the magnolia bloom will be white. As I said this will be the first spring to bloom. I am further south...Let's keep our fingers crossed we have beautiful blossoms.

    The header photo was taken at the park in Boston. I just loved those flowers.

    Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice post! I love this time of year, too, when you realise that nature was only sleeping...

    Camellias are such a bonus at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete