Monday, February 13, 2012

Just a Sprinkling

It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness.  We have no scar to show for happiness.  We learn so little from peace.  
...Chuck Palahniuk



We had our bit of snow this morning.  It began snowing and sleeting just after dawn.  The schools made their decision to close long before I woke.  The news reported it as our first snow storm.  It is mid February, I suspect it will be our only snow this year.  I would have loved more, but I will not be greedy.

The above quotation has absolutely nothing to do with snow, but it spoke to my heart.  Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  While you are bestowing valentine treats and wishes on everyone you love, I hope you will take at least one act of kindness, one spoken word, one special moment, be a little selfish and tuck it away somewhere to pull out when you need it most.  If we remember the joy that fills the heart when someone tells us we are loved,  maybe it will soothe the ache when they can no longer remember how to say the words.

5 comments:

  1. Fresh snow always looks so pretty. We haven't had any snow this year and I don't suppose we will now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snow is lovely and your sentiment brought tears to my eyes.

    Happy Valentine's Day to you, dear Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you wrote - one act of kindness, one spoken word. Brighten up somebody's life, and we can always bask in that light.

    Bonnie, Have a happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky you to have snow, how true your words are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got six more inches here...ya want it??? Heeehehehehe!!!

    God bless ya and have a wonderful Valentine's Day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete