Monday, December 12, 2011

A Beautiful Photograph


Yes?  Alas, I can not tell a lie, it is not mine.
Well, technically,
 it is my photograph...
I took a picture of a postcard.
Why?  This is the Copenhagen I wanted to see.
This is probably the Copenhagen I would have seen
had the calendar read May or June,
 not December.  

We had one day to spend in Copenhagen, Denmark before catching a train to Lund, Sweden.  The day just happen to be a Monday.  During the winter months,
 castles, museums, and all exhibits in general are closed on Mondays.
I was, needless to say, disappointed.

Give me streets to roam.  People to watch.  Things to learn.
I can have the best of times.
This is really all mine.
I did make it to the harbor.
It was very cold and started to rain.
We slipped into a little Italian Resturant for a bit of lunch.


We had the choice of sitting outside; blankets were provide
to ward off the cold.
We opted a table by the window...


inside.

This was a beginning of a wonderful time, albeit, cold and rainy week,
exploring Copenhagen and Lund, Sweden.

I am suffering a bit of jet lag, but will be sharing more of my week as the week progresses.

9 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Bonnie.

    I love the photo that really is yours. How novel that the cafe provides blankets for out door dining!

    Can't wait to hear more of your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you took a very nice photo of a postcard (and it is a lovely scene). Since you didn't quite get there in the right season, you'll just have to go again, right!!! I'll be looking forward to more photos of your trip. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so looking forward to hearing all about it!

    Welcome home. xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bonnie:
    Despite the rather dismal weather, this all sounds to be absolutely exciting and you are clearly having a most enjoyable and interesting time.

    Blankets are often provided for those who choose to sit outside at restaurants here in Budapest. A fun idea but somewhat chilly in December, or so we think! The harbour looks most attractive - a little like that of Honfleur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is a lovely picture but I like your picture too. It must be a lovely place to visit. Can't wait to hear about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cold, rainy, winter, what the heck, you got to go to Copenhagen, you lucky lady, Sounds like you are on a wonderful trip and having a great time. Take it all in, there is beauty in December also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to visit Copenhagen. I look forward to hearing about your trip and seeing more of your lovely photos of Sweden and Denmark. Glad I reminded you to fill your bird feeders!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Hope you will share more.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to be there! It is one of those places I always wanted to visit, so now I will be visiting virtually through you! Looking forward to more posts! Have a great time (I would have picked a window inside, too.)

    ReplyDelete